Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

PATRON

Melee camp CWA - Good practice for tanking?

PATRON
$ DONATOR $

Thought i'd make a topic, since swapping to melee from mainly freeze ranging at CWA's I've seen a huge difference in the way I tank. Far more aware of prayer, necklace switch and HP overall. 
Wondering if anyone else has noticed anything or whether its just the mentality of knowing your a potential target being closer to more bodies? 

Could just be a dude who hasn't CWA'd since previous clans and even that was a rarity...

Thought I'd open it up to the court!

(also great job on CWA's recently, inners and wars have been hella competitive and tuned in!)

Origen
$ DONATOR $

Aight so here's the thing @PATRON.

I think the most experienced CWA'ers aren't afraid to go in with melee cuz they are confident when it comes to tanking. On the other hand, the lesser experienced players tends to either mage & maybe even just camp range. We wan't to take distance from that, as melee is what brings the KO. Ranged & mage is great, consistent damage but as the opponent switches prayers, you have to switch style as the attacker or your DPS will drop.

I'd wish they implemented a DPS-meter in CWA. Would encourage more people to go in with melee / switch style more often, but none the less, we have done wonders in CWA / Inners the last 2 months. But in order to keep up the momentum, we have to fix the small issues we're facing as of now - going in with melee. We did a great job doing that against Apex and I am confident it ended up giving us the victory.

Moving forward we would like to improve our in-game spam in the Wilderness, as it has been next to non-existent.

Trae

I think it’s personal preference tbh but when you go in with melle you are more likely to get switched to.same thing if you are in robes and you’re near the current pile. At the end of the day I think it’s just how skilled you are and experience makes a huge difference 

LostVikings

I believe it all comes down to personal preference but I do agree that with time and experience players tend to trust their robes -> tank gear switches more.

Local_News

The players who can tank the best definitely should be meleers, Apex transitions to each person that we have meleeing. Since we should always have people on pile at all times, they permanently have people to pick

Glad to see you feel like you're improving though :D

Being able to stay on pile, then tank your inv and drag out when you become the focus is key, if every melee we have does that we're gonna do real well

Twinkleberry

I think everyone who posted previously has great insight and their comments should be read by anyone who wants to get better at cwa:

i personallu got better tanking doing rev pvm and running north instead of trying to tele out. Free tank tests 24/7 bring crawsbow snakeskin bandana and boots a Dinh’s a p neck 6 restore 4 brews 2-3 range pots a Stan and antidote at bank. Ur smart @PATRON and you’ll go far in this clan keep up the good work man see u inners

Twinkleberry
On 7/19/2019 at 10:11 AM, Emil said:

Aight so here's the thing @PATRON.

I think the most experienced CWA'ers aren't afraid to go in with melee cuz they are confident when it comes to tanking. On the other hand, the lesser experienced players tends to either mage & maybe even just camp range. We wan't to take distance from that, as melee is what brings the KO. Ranged & mage is great, consistent damage but as the opponent switches prayers, you have to switch style as the attacker or your DPS will drop.

I'd wish they implemented a DPS-meter in CWA. Would encourage more people to go in with melee / switch style more often, but none the less, we have done wonders in CWA / Inners the last 2 months. But in order to keep up the momentum, we have to fix the small issues we're facing as of now - going in with melee. We did a great job doing that against Apex and I am confident it ended up giving us the victory.

Moving forward we would like to improve our in-game spam in the Wilderness, as it has been next to non-existent.

RL+ a dps meter. Built in plugin can be turned on or off for cwa or wild years, everything bannable on the client can be turned off and it has GPU rendering better quality for vidding imo just crop the top and inventory @Emil but ur editing skills are soo good u don’t even need the client bro, just stay in ur cave and make vids I need a veng movie pt 2