Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Jely

Destiny Members in Vengeance - Jely's Perspective

Jely

Destiny Members in Vengeance
Jely's Perspective

Many of you will likely have seen the most recent attempt to discredit Vengeance (if the relentless lot haven't since launched another attack), posted on Sharkbrew. I know I don't need to tell you, but take everything that was said with a pinch of salt. At best its tangentially plausible, at worst its blatantly false.

A couple of months ago, moob and I were running Destiny with a lot of help from Stremmy, who spent an immense amount of time organising and managing the Discord server and CC account (this guy is a legend, you're all lucky to have him). I started in the clan having left Blaze, which Jack Regal helped to lead. From the offset in Blaze, my understanding was that the clan's ethos and values had been modelled on Vengeance's ethos of maturity and respect as a way of trying to provide a means of PKing in multi to those who wouldn't necessarily have met the high Vengeance requirements for membership of the clan. It was, on the whole, quite successful. However, at the time, the leadership wasn't particularly active and the clan infrastructure just did not exist.

I joined Destiny as soon as it broke off from Blaze and began to actively recruit and organise events/PK trips, slowly building up the discord and crafting what was essentially a small PK Team into something that resembled a pretty active clan, minus the forums and fancy GFX. I intended to carry over to Destiny the same ethos which had been established in Blaze. It served its purpose and outlasted all expectations ("I give it 2 weeks" - Jack Regal). It was a way to bring the PK/clanning community to people who wouldn't have met the requirements here or elsewhere, and a way to help people who frankly weren't great at PKing get better. Moob and I built the clans activity up to a point where we could hold our own, at least for 10 minutes or so, against Vengeance, Avalon and other clans, whilst also running regular Smite trips that would make around 400m a trip. It was pretty insane. I keep referring to it as a half-way house between community pking and actual clanning. I still stand by the idea as I think there is a real shortage of this kind of institution in the osrs PK community.

During this time I spoke regularly to Spoontech, Zewy and other members of Vengeance, in the process of organising inter-clan events, and I am, and always was aware that Local News, Moob and other Vengeance members such as Yulk were in contact with Vengeance. This was never a problem. If members wished to join Vengeance because they felt that Vengeance would be able to provide them with more of what they wanted, that was fine. I even spoke about the possibility of joining myself, and regularly discussed this with moob and Local News. There was nothing underhand going on. Spoontech wasn't trying to 'snipe members'. In fact, if I could be bothered trawling through the discord, I could find you the message where he said to me "LOL you know i'm just trying to get you to join Vengeance and bring your boys with you" or something to that effect. It wasn't something shady that was happening under our nose and that we just didn't see, it was something that we were all quite happy with because we all believed it served the interests of both our communities.

Unfortunately, due to university commitments I became quite inactive and resigned as a leader of Destiny. Moob, too, had commitments of his own, and after a discussion with the rest of the staff we weighed up possible options for the future of the clan. We decided amongst ourselves, contrary to the quiet objections of Glooming, Kwala and the other very inactive staff, that the best way to keep the community together was to have everyone merge with Vengeance. The agreement was not rank without application, it was that we could apply, and if not accepted, would still be able to join the community and PK together at certain events. In hindsight it was probably a little ambitious because Destiny did have a lot of pretty poor quality PKers, but I stand by the integrity with which that decision was made. It was ultimately not an easy decision, but I believe it was the right one. There was no brainwashing as has been alluded to. As I said from the start, Destiny was built upon the very same principles as Vengeance, and, indeed, was modelled upon them, so it was not something that happened because Vengeance somehow infiltrated Destiny and caused an implosion from within. Bollocks.

Having encountered Vengeance's opposition over the last couple of days, on a personal level via discord and online forums, as well as in-game, I have decided to make an application to join Vengeance and show my support for what you stand for. I look forward to making my application and eventually PKing with you all.

Tt6udl1.png

21aqbc.jpg

Local_News

dcEjrNs.png

I am largely responsible for encouraging our movement over here, and that was done off my experiences while interacting with the other clans as a captain. While looking at the rest of the scene it was a pretty easy choice. 

VR5q51Q.png
WlKjgQy.png
WRp8Z04.png

Bawv
$ DONATOR $

so much stuff in this i didn't know or wasn't aware of. Thanks for the back story and filling us in with how things went down. I look forward to pking alongside you.

chunkydoinks
$ DONATOR $

I really enjoyed my time at Destiny and i still believe the final outcome of a merge was the best option. 

Glad to see you appin and look forward to pking again with you bro

Origen
$ DONATOR $

I wasn't aware of a lot of this due to the fact that I came back to Vengeance a few months after the absorption.

I always wondered what happened though & why people kept saying Vengeance would snipe Destiny members, when I knew for a fact that Vengeance wouldn't do that cause of ethical & moral reasons. 

Thanks for sharing the intel, Jely. Hope to see you with us soon :)

Trae

Very well written gotta love the res propaganda... good to have someone that sees through the bullshit

modlulz

destiny who?

cripple_coon

Damn and I thought Heath and paragon had problems...

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Big respect @Jely

Destiny was pretty similar as to how Vengeance was founded 3 years ago, throughout that period we've learned, gained experience and grown every month as a clan. That is something you can't just 'get' in a couple of days.

But you guys had a community, you had fun, you were active and most importantly you always stayed mature/positive. Those are the exact same foundations of what Vengeance represents. What always mattered to me the most is to have the community stick together, whatever happens. As people grow older, more and more will realize that. Some never do, but those simply do not fit into our communities.

Thomas

Jely is the man

Connor

Huge shame about Destiny, I had high hopes for some fresh competition in the scene however it's great news to see you've decided to join us! Alot of stuff in this topic even I didn't know of such as Destiny being modeled from Vengeance which is pretty fucking cool to hear! Hope to make you and your guys feel at home here.