Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
MancGainz

What direction do I take?

MancGainz

Greetings Vengeance members,

I'm currently lay in bed watching The Gifted whilst the misses sleep and I find myself pondering (thinking) about Runescape (Don't judge me I've only just gotten back into the game after a year). Anyways currently my account is on the build to what is known as a 'Med Build' the reason being is I don't have a main account and want to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds (PvP/ PvM), however thinking about my current stats it's not actually to late to go become a 'Range Tank' since both my attack and strength don't surpass that 148 mark?

What do people think? Here's my current stats on the account, if I were to go Range Tank I would obviously invest into working towards Rigoury prayer.

mr8w9f.png

Fatigues

If you don't mind ranging for pvm/pvp tanks are hands down one of the most op builds in osrs, if not THE most. Meds are essentially tanks without the def. So if pvm is more your thing, you might want to lean more toward the tank side!

sobaws

I'd say go med but thats just my opinion. 

But as dylan said, tanks are pretty dope. 

Jamie

tank bruz

GunSmoke

Id say if you like to range pk go tank if a melee range mix go piety bro!

Brude

I've got both and they both have their own advantages, meds are good in 1v1 hybrid fights whereas tanks work on attrition in a 1v1 trying to outlast the opponent, meds have better k0 potential and always remember even at 90+ def if your in low defence armour like void tent whips will run through you.

Profanity

Tank imo, bossing on a tank is just easy. alot of bosses you can solo as a tank but not as a med.

MancGainz

Appreciate the feedback, going to work towards a Range Tnk then, gonna cap my strength at 70, work towards 99 range and then camp out 99 defence whilst making the cash flow to buy the rigour pray scroll.

Jake

It's all preference, both builds are great and highly needed so go with what you'd enjoy most.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

It's all preference, both builds are great and highly needed so go with what you'd enjoy most.

^What Jake said.

Med Build is the most versatile build and seems to be the least boring account to play on if you ask me (IF you only plan on having one account).

Tanks are the strongest builds in multi combat because of their damage output in range/mage and defence to outlast enemies. Med Builds have the opportunity to use the Melee option as well... Which is pretty important I think for somebody who's only having 1 account.

It all comes down to what you want the most. You can start by capping your str/def at 70 and max your range/mage for now ;)

Snurf
$ DONATOR $

Range tank :) I really enjoyed my time here before as a tank!