Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Profanity

Suggestion's

Profanity

Since i'm helping moderating thing's like discord,

you can always give me or @@Sybren some suggestion's on what we can do to improve your time in Veng discord.

So if you have anything we could/should change let us know :D

Post below or send us a PM on forums or discord.

Nighty night :D

StlArrow

Biggest suggestion I can give is to not use discord lol. TS is the way to go

Ir0ny

Hmmm.. while I have been using ts for a solid 7+ years and love it, I think that with the direction discord is going it will be the future of clanning.

I much prefer the layout of ts but discord will allow us to be much safer as a clan and people will find it easier to join the discord, especially those recruits who have never clanned before.

Figment

Ture discord is such and easy safe way to communicate with new members. 

End of the day personally prefer teamspeak.

Foreigner
$ DONATOR $

Ts > everything. Problem is not everyone want their IP adresses to be shown in any way.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Ts > everything. Problem is not everyone want their IP adresses to be shown in any way.

Exactly, and safety is really important. Discord has way more features than Teamspeak offers and keeps rapidly changing/improving. It also has Kik/WhatsApp integrated which is a huge deal to get in contact with people quickly. It's like an all-in-one app.

If stability is going to be a point we obviously might have to look for an alternative. But at this point in time it sure isn't needed.

Trouserdevil

I agree with everyone on here, TS simplicity and familiarity will beat out discord for a while, but disc is definitely the future for clan voice chats

StlArrow

Discord always lags really bad for players with shit computers. Me for example lol.

Its laggy with the webclient even if you download the actual client. Basically for your members with bad internet or older computers/laptops ur screwed.

Profanity

Discord always lags really bad for players with shit computers. Me for example lol.

Its laggy with the webclient even if you download the actual client. Basically for your members with bad internet or older computers/laptops ur screwed.

@@Sybren

Joseph

From having experienced both I like Discord for casual socializing then TS for official PK trips or events since you can have priority speaker and such.

I have no suggestions at this time for discord, except maybe a separate one for members+ later 

everything is looking good so far :)

StlArrow

From having experienced both I like Discord for casual socializing then TS for official PK trips or events since you can have priority speaker and such.

I have no suggestions at this time for discord, except maybe a separate one for members+ later 

everything is looking good so far :)

The only problem with this is that if its a community discord people not in ur clan will know when your pking because you'll all either be AFK or discord will be dead, which will in most cases be a huge disadvantage for your clan.

Using TS primarily for everything will allow you to keep track of who joins your TS (assuming you keep it password protected), allow you to pk whenever you want without others knowing (assuming you don't have any spies), and overall be more organized whereas if you use both its dangerous as far as privacy goes. I mean you can do the same thing on TS as you can with discord with music bots and whatnot anyways I just don't recommend using both. I suggest using one or the other keeping in mind the benefits of the two.

Either way its up to you guys just giving some of my own personal input from what I've experienced. Goodluck!