Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
wigglywalrus

Salve (e) afk melee guide. (better exp then nmz)

Natural
$ DONATOR $

I love seeing guides like this! Definitely going to try and give it a shot!

wigglywalrus
$ DONATOR $

If you do it for a while, I'd be interested to know your exp/hr there and how it compares to other places you train.

Berserker

thanks for this man! i always wondered if this would be useful doing.

vegan food

Thanks for this mate, will come in handy when finishing up my str training! 

I Sam I
$ DONATOR $

goood guide bro

Basil
$ DONATOR $

Well written guide my man. However, i don't think the salve(e) actually procs against the zombie version. Iv'e tried to do the same at the mm2 monkeys (because of the prayer pot drops) and the salve does not work against those. Since these are the same zombies i don't think this actually works. Does however work against the version people chin at but those have a higher defence lvl so not as good for 50/60 attack.

Should run a side by side with a salve(e) and a fury to see what the results are.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Epic guide! 

I love to see different training methods. Especially ones that I haven't heard about.

Make sure you check out what Under Constr mentioned. 

Thanks for sharing!

D I S Z J E

Can someone confirm if this would be higher xp/hr for 92str-75attack then nmz?

(i cant test it cuz i didnt do those quests yet)

Tsunade
$ DONATOR $

Looks good! Thanks! ill try it out on my alt one day!

wigglywalrus
$ DONATOR $

Well written guide my man. However, i don't think the salve(e) actually procs against the zombie version. Iv'e tried to do the same at the mm2 monkeys (because of the prayer pot drops) and the salve does not work against those. Since these are the same zombies i don't think this actually works. Does however work against the version people chin at but those have a higher defence lvl so not as good for 50/60 attack.

Should run a side by side with a salve(e) and a fury to see what the results are.

thx constr for the feedback. However I'm almost 100% sure salve does work here, I currently hit 33 there with the salve amulet and gear i am wearing, I hit the same when i am slaying and wearing black mask (ie 15% to melee + fury). I only hit about 27/28 or so when I am using no percent boosting items.

If salve (e) wasn't working vs mm2 released zombies it may have been an oversight when they were first released. I'd be surprised if you went back and checked now if it didn't work vs them if they are the same "monkey zombies" that I am killing. If it doesn't, it may be worth sending a bug report to jagex. Due to the following.

monkey zombies examine text is -"a large and lumbering undead monkey zombie stand here, blocking the path." 

monkey zombie wiki text specifically says "Remember to bring a salve or salve amulet (e) as they are undead"

The salve amulet (e) also has "monkey zombies" listed under affected monsters.

I've trained a combined total of over 20m strength experience here since 2009, I'd be highly surprised if salve wasn't working as intended.