Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Miltz

Vengeance First Prep Vs Revenant - A Review

Miltz

bL5oFIj.gif

So guys tonight we had our prep with Revenant! Everybody had been looking forward to it and once we made a decision on how we were going to tackle the task ahead - everybody seriously got to work.

We had three fantastic practice fights before the prep - I can't speak for @@Sybren's team but I want to shout out Nick (@@The lawn guy) for his immaculate back up calling once I was banged. GJ bro.

From there we proceeded to gear as Revenant turned up. We spammed 'rings on?' to confirm that we weren't cheating - they agreed! After swiftly agreeing on rules (preps to Rev for this there was literally no pre fight BS) we all went in. Well I say all - hats off to @@Dale who actually managed to miss the first round LOL!

wA0bXTA.gif

| Round One |

So Revenant were attacking first this round. We were spread in the South West eagerly awaiting their arrival. They came in following one of their members and we immediately started piling our first call - who managed to jump into a clump and make it hard to spear him. After killing the first call we were one man down. We got on the next call and the spears were executed perfectly. We managed to snipe out another three of their members before Rev took a slight lead and began to pick us off... As numbers dropped the calling began to fail and people began to jump on random piles. Other than that the round was good and honestly, it went a lot better than I was expecting.

| Round Two |

Round two we were attacking. We changed up who we were going to pile first to make for an easier first few kills. This round was so much better, EVERY Vengeance member upped their game considerably, our spears helped us bang out our first two calls in a seriously quick time. From there we continued with the strict calling and piles. It wasn't until 10 - 10 that Rev's maxed tanks started proving difficult to kill. With fewer numbers it took us longer to down their tanks, and Rev used this to their advantage and methodically removed out Zerks. The round came to a close shortly after. This round was even closer than the first and I was extremely pleased with everybody's performance, especially given the huge average combat level difference.

| Round Three |

Without a doubt the best round for Vengeance. This round was a PK RI style. We picked off our first calls with ease - the spears were immaculate and I was so proud of the guys as I stood tanking and watching Vengeance bang out their tanks with ease to take a 2 man lead. My tanking spell came to a swift end this round (sorry boys) so I was looking on from the orb. Both @@Sybren and @@Esca were making some fantastic calls and really leading the guys by example.  It wasn't until both teams each had 8 participant left that their combat levels began to make a difference. Rev really had the perfect combination of tanks/zerkers and their combination of mage, range and melee proved too much for us towards the end of the round. Our magers were down and we couldn't freeze our piles. None the less - as previously mentioned it was definitely the best round for us, and I was so proud when it came to an end.

wA0bXTA.gif

Before I go ahead and talk about our members, I just want to say respect to Rev. Their guys showed up and got things started with no flaming or bs. They agreed to our third fight when they didn't have too and by just being there they gave us a lot of ideas on how we can improve. Props to you guys - your a good clan and I speak for EVERY Vengeance member when I say we LOVE the competition.

Onto Vengeance and our performance...

I honestly was not aware that we had the ability to work as such a well drilled unit. The tanking was brilliant, the spearing was impeccable and the back up calling also fantastic. It's nights like these that we learn what we have to improve on. After seeing our performance tonight I have absolutely no doubt that we WILL go on to become a legendary Zerk/Tank clan.

The fights highlighted a number of things that I know we can go to work on. I also want to thank everybody for offering advice before, during and after the fight. As Leadership we try to make decisions that will give us the best chance of winning, but we don't know everything and certain members certainly stood out by offering invaluable advice!

Anyway to wrap this up - We know what we have to work on, we will do so at inners and PK trips in the future and I know that we will begin winning preps like this in no time. I can honestly say I am seriously proud of every member that attended tonight. Remember... THIS IS WHY IM VENG.

It's time for me to go on holiday and chill out for a week ;) Let's get going with recruiting guys and doing what we do best - clearing the wild.

P.S Rev... It was good to get our own back on you at Easts after the prep ;)

#VengUp  :wub: 

Edited by Miltz

C h o p Suey

Bummed I missed it, I think another good thing to work on is our zerks to tanks ratios. I wasn't there so I can't speak for this fight, but we gotta find a good combo to work for us. Although broad, I think if we find the right combo in matched opps we'll be able to win more fights. We can do this in inners if we get a group going big enough with relatively equal teams.

Dale

Fam I was getting KFC from downstairs dont discriminate a nigga like dis @Miltz

PlXELHUNGRY

Well said @@Miltz! Was a fun night / good fights.

Ended up making a small profit in the end because of clearing Rev' twice at easts and once at lava's.

I think it would be a good idea for next clan war to agree in advance on not bringing non-members to the party though. (see below)

p9GLoWa.png

Miltz

Ended up making a small profit in the end because of clearing Rev' twice at easts and once at lava's.

I think it would be a good idea for next clan war to agree in advance on not bringing non-members to the party though. (see below)

p9GLoWa.png

I agree mate - memberlist to be locked.

He looks asleep tho!

Veng Speeeed

GJ LADS! we will grow and without a doubt we are number 1 and we will always be due to the fact we have the best members and most loyal members along with the great set up we have and great leadership we are under! #VENGUP

Joseph

Fuck yeah!!! I know i wasn't there but GOOD SHIT EVERYONE. I'm so happy and so damn PROUD to be in a clan with you guys who are well dedicated to become the best! Every one of you are awesome, I look forward to being in the next war with you all and to make a difference in this clan on our strive towards greatness! MUCH LOVE! <3

#VengUp

Edited by Joseph

Bender

so sorry i missed it guys but the timezone difference is a real killer for me, i wasnt home until 1 lastnight with the prep in 3 hours there was no way i would be able to stay up and have an impact on the fight. Sounds like rev have the combat level advantage over us but thats awesome, more to prove to everyone how awesome we are !

PlXELHUNGRY

p9GLoWa.png

I agree mate - memberlist to be locked.

He looks asleep tho!

Haha, apparantly they didn't like being caught:  - banhammeredjUcqo9t.png

Jake

Damn sounds like a blast. Great job guys wish I coulda been there to participate.

Caregan

Am kinda pissed I missed it to be honest. I had made the time to attend but the lovely weather decided to cut our power off for a good hour and a half :-)

Can only improve yall, great job :)