Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

ZERK

Idk what to do with my acc, plz help :(

ZERK

Current Stats:

60 att, 85 str, 42 def, 94 ranged, 94 mage, 52 prayer, 89 hp (86.375 cb)

So here's the thing, I have no idea what I want to do with my account right now, but I'm not really enjoying the void life. Maybe it's just my combat bracket but I just really don't like how fast I get shreded and seems like the fights are ridiculously fast. I have a few ideas of what I might want to do, but nothing solid enough for me to start leveling.

First off, I'm not sure if I can even become a proper Zerk at this point because I don't have a ton of the quests done (mainly concerning defense). The ones I do have are:

-Dragon Slayer 1
-The Freminnik Trials
-Nature Spirit
Monkey Madness 1 (But I don't think I got the xp after, not 100% sure)

If becoming a zerker is off the table I'm not going to be too butthurt about it tbh.

One of the builds I've been considering is:

60 att, 85 str, 70 def, 99 ranged, 99 mage, 77 prayer, 99 hp (99.85 cb)

another option would be 

60 att, 85 str, 75 def, 99 ranged, 99 mage, 74 prayer, 99 hp (100.85 cb)

I want to be able to solo, small group, and clan pk.

*Another question I have is: if I do go for the ranged tank build, which quests/items should I absolutely go for? For example, I know I should definitely get b gloves and heavy balista*

I'm open to any suggestions

Edited by ZERK

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

The most versatile build currently is the 75 attack med.   However, it'll make you 109cb when you're done.  If you want to keep your cb lower at the 100cb alternative you gave, you could go for that as well.  Although tbh you might as well just take the strength all the way to 99.  

For the range tank route, you're at a bit of a disadvantage from the start since you'll be unable to use the toxic staff of the dead due to attack requirements.  Ideally, the combined attack and strength should be 148 or less to be actually considered a range tank.  And in your case, you'd be allotted another 3 attack levels (or strength).  Which doesn't really help you much tbh.  The ideal range tank has 75 attack / 73 strength.  Either way though, range tanks have the ability to do ALL the quests without worrying about getting too much experience in something.  Similar to med accounts, I tried to do all the combat experience giving quests prior to maxing my attack/ defence out at 75 apiece.  That way I could have the quest cape & also wouldn't have to worry about scuffing my account by going up an extra level.

smished
$ DONATOR $

Brandon p much covered it ngl.

Zerks good in PVP but still get shit on by meds. Zerks fun in clanning but get shit on by meds. Kinda says it all rly

Sybren
$ DONATOR $
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The most versatile build currently is the 75 attack med.   However, it'll make you 109cb when you're done.  If you want to keep your cb lower at the 100cb alternative you gave, you could go for that as well.  Although tbh you might as well just take the strength all the way to 99.  

For the range tank route, you're at a bit of a disadvantage from the start since you'll be unable to use the toxic staff of the dead due to attack requirements.  Ideally, the combined attack and strength should be 148 or less to be actually considered a range tank.  And in your case, you'd be allotted another 3 attack levels (or strength).  Which doesn't really help you much tbh.  The ideal range tank has 75 attack / 73 strength.  Either way though, range tanks have the ability to do ALL the quests without worrying about getting too much experience in something.  Similar to med accounts, I tried to do all the combat experience giving quests prior to maxing my attack/ defence out at 75 apiece.  That way I could have the quest cape & also wouldn't have to worry about scuffing my account by going up an extra level.

pmod nailed it

I recommend the 75def Med build. Most versatile build in osrs. Also the game isn't the same compared to pre-eoc, hella fast-paced in 1v1. That's why I personally hate single and only do multi (but we have people who love it, it's a personal preference but that's the way it is).

Good luck!

ZERK

Thanks for the help guys! So my only concern with going 75 att 75 def and becoming 109 cb is I already have a 123 main acc. Feels weird to have a pure acc that's only 14cb lower than the main :P

smished
$ DONATOR $
6 hours ago, ZERK said:

Thanks for the help guys! So my only concern with going 75 att 75 def and becoming 109 cb is I already have a 123 main acc. Feels weird to have a pure acc that's only 14cb lower than the main :P

Combat 109 is the magic number in med clanning. Max med = 109. Max tank = 109. You can even take ur Zerk to 109 if you wish. Its just the combat level that blends in to piles etc so you don't get singled out or focus. 

The decision is yours to make though the majority of us are 75 99 75 combat 109 meds or range tanks. 

Milky

I don't think you'll be able to go 70 defence and remain 60 attack, you gain 20k+ attack xp from unlocking piety. I wouldn't rush things, I play both a maxed 60 attack med and a tank. The med level was meant to be my main account but I AFK'd with zero effort. 

At the end of the day it's totally your choice, a 75 attack med is the most viable option all round. It gives you a build that wont get shredded in pvp and you can still do all PVM content further down the line.

TnxObama

I have a "pure acct" that's level 107 and a range tank that's 109. I would suggest going 75 attack though. 60 attack noodles a ton and you have to really specifically build for it at the get go to get the questing xp right.

Alex

99 cmb zerk

Raiikz
On 22.12.2020 at 4:56 AM, Sybren said:

pmod nailed it

I recommend the 75def Med build. Most versatile build in osrs. Also the game isn't the same compared to pre-eoc, hella fast-paced in 1v1. That's why I personally hate single and only do multi (but we have people who love it, it's a personal preference but that's the way it is).

Good luck!

+1

syckness
On 22-12-2020 at 2:32 AM, Brandon said: