Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Grime

Basic Singles Guide

Grime
$ DONATOR $

Howdy fellas,

As our late night singles trips are gaining popularity, I thought it would be a good idea to write a basic guide to singles focusing. I hope this will give people new-found confidence during these trips and make them more successful overall.

The Steps to a Typical Focus

1. Bait

When you find a target, your first move is NOT to call your team in (unless they are already in multi). Instead, call that you have a potential focus, their name, what gear they're in, and the world that it's GOING TO be. Then, try to drain their supplies as much as possible to increase the likelihood of securing the kill. During this time you should ask for a freezer to stay south (near 30 line, out of sight) in case you are unable to freeze them. Additionally, if there are other potential targets in your world, you should ask for a number of teammates equal to the number of targets, i.e. 1:1. If you don't feel confident in your NH abilities, call for one (and only one) teammate to work them for you.

Money Trip does this perfectly, he is your go-to example of how to do this.

2. Login

When the bait thinks the target is worked enough or the target begins to run, the bait should ask everyone to flood the world they are in. Ideally, this should be done when the target is on a fresh freeze. However, if this is not the case, the freezer that is south and already in that world should run north to catch the freeze for them (with the bait hitting the floor). As soon as you login, your immediate move should be to pray melee and hit white dots to allow the focuser to hit the target. Once all white dots are being attacked, everyone should fall in on the target and await the focuser's call.

3. TB

This is arguably the most important step of the focus. To ensure a successful tb, you must listen to the calls that are being made by the focuser and tber. These are the only people that should be talking until the tb lands. DO NOT drop specs on the target unless asked to do so. If you do, the tber will not be able to scim spec the target for a full tb and it could ruin the chances at the kill. The only time when this should happen is if the focuser calls for it because the target is at level ~37+ and we have time get a cheeky spec off. Ensure all white dots are hit off and wait for the call.

4. Focus

The hard part is done. All that needs to be done now is listen to the focuser's calls on the fall in. When focusing a target, the best way to ensure the kill is NOT through a KO. Instead, it is through constant dps. This is best achieved through spec trading. Good spec weapons include: claws; ags; dbow; nightmare staff. Good spec weapons do not include: dds; gmaul (@Bowlpack you silly man); staff of the dead (@Grime you misclicking silly man). When the focuser asks for a spec, wait a few game ticks and try to hit the target off prayer (according to your spec weapon). Make sure to RIGHT-CLICK and then attack. If the target is camping melee pray, DO NOT bolt into it and then claw/ags spec. This is wasted dps due to the pj timer. The focuser can output more damage in that time than getting one spec off prayer. Instead, you should trade dbow and nightmare staff specs until the target switches their prayer. Again, most importantly, hit white dots and wait for the call from the focuser.

5. Hobs

As a team, this is where we are most unsuccessful, simply because a lot of us are unsure of what to do. When the target is in hobs, you should stay falled in and hit hobs/white dots. We will normally have a primary and secondary focuser. DO NOT try to attack the target unless you are specifically called for by either one of the two focusers. This should only be the case if both focusers are hit off. As soon as you use your specs, you should get back to falling in and hitting hobs. That's all there is to it.

In short, listen. Just like in multi, communication is key.

696169123117269003.png?v=1

Edited by Grime

In_Sea

Solid guide man. Put some respeck on the DDS though

Only_Ranqe

Good ass guide, ty bro

Milky

This is really useful, thanks.

Some clarification on what to do if you end up being focused would be the only thing I can think to add. Dying to a rival clan is arguably worse than losing out on a kill.

Akrr

Good guide man

Grime
$ DONATOR $
4 minutes ago, Milky said:

This is really useful, thanks.

Some clarification on what to do if you end up being focused would be the only thing I can think to add. Dying to a rival clan is arguably worse than losing out on a kill.

I'll be making that topic very soon! After both topics are up I'll make a couple events where we can put it into practice, kinda like inners but for singles

Jacko

nice little write up there buddy, about time somebody wrote up about singles

if you guys follow instructions it means we can pk in max and get more kills :D 

syckness

Love your write up Grime! Never tried singles cuz i feel as a zerk i cant get the job done on a maxed main. I’d like to hop in once to get the feeling of singles

Siege

goodd intro on fall in pkin LAD. 

Zewy
$ DONATOR $

DIDN:T ASK

Med_Venom
$ DONATOR $

was first to read and last to comment lol