Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Border_Force

Efficiency on trips.

Border_Force
$ DONATOR $

Last few trip's i've brought Surge/Tb.

This comes terrible anything over 35.

As a range tank, would it be better to ancient or stay as i am for efficiency on trips? 

Thoughts?

Fyi: I'm maxed range tank

Edit:  Idc about loot; efficiency in terms of best for clan

Edited by Border_Force

SPEARFlSHER

I have a range tank as well mate, and for me it depend on location. Entrance I bring freezes and ballista for dps. Vet'tion, Rogues etc I bring surges + tb's. Numbers dictate risk (occult, tome etc). Inside the caves I stick to freezes and ballista again. Zewy, Burn Bibles & Sybren will also have some input you may find handy.

Sparklz

Sucks having atleast 5 runes that's forsure if you want entangles

Border_Force
$ DONATOR $
53 minutes ago, Sparklz said:

Sucks having atleast 5 runes that's forsure if you want entangles

TB + Entangle + Surge does lol. But more satisfying when they cant tele 😎😎

HeadofDemon

personally think surge is solid feels more accurate then ancients imo but obviously up at entrance u mainly want freezes anywhere else I think surge is fine

Border_Force
$ DONATOR $
1 hour ago, SPEARFlSHER said:

I have a range tank as well mate, and for me it depend on location. Entrance I bring freezes and ballista for dps. Vet'tion, Rogues etc I bring surges + tb's. Numbers dictate risk (occult, tome etc). Inside the caves I stick to freezes and ballista again. Zewy, Burn Bibles & Sybren will also have some input you may find handy.

Yeah.. i'd feel bad if everyone tele'd away though 👀🤪😵

Next time i'll use anc if camping entrance i think... can swap when we move positions.

Thanks for the advice

Sybren
$ DONATOR $
59 minutes ago, Border_Force said:

Yeah.. i'd feel bad if everyone tele'd away though 👀🤪😵

Next time i'll use anc if camping entrance i think... can swap when we move positions.

Thanks for the advice

yeah, I love surging myself, it's very efficient dps wise. BUT, highest priority always is having enough dedicated freezers. If tbing I do recommend bringing surges tho. But yeah, for entrance I'd stick with ancients, especially since get loads of clumps as well. If we're focussing single piles and you're the tber you can bring surges for sure.

syckness

I've seen surges/Tb's doe insane damage. like Spear said, all depends on location and the number of vikings we pull for the risk. when in caves, stick to barrage/blittz, as we do lack on freezes sometimes as everyone tries to dps thinking someone will freeze it, and the prey gets away...

Origen
$ DONATOR $

As a range tank, your most important job is to freeze current and future piles as well as tank-baiting the enemy. 

Flick your robes in between casts in order for you to prevent taking too much damage by being bolted in robes. A good range tank is nowhere near an excellent one. 

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Both has their utility as the others have said based on what situation you're going into.  I really like surging but not having a lot of food to work with can be a little troublesome at times.

Grime
$ DONATOR $

I feel as though surging is very situational. If we're in a huge multi fight, having one or two surgers can be very useful for taking down the focus. However, you'll also have a lot less food than if you were to bring freezes/tank.

I would say stick to ancients most of the time for freezes and clumps, and hop on tbs/surge when needed.

Hope this helps :)