Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

PATRON

Screenshots and the Correct way of taking them

PATRON
$ DONATOR $

Afternoon Vikings, with the flood of new apps we've got coming in who are on trials rank, lets take a walk down how to correctly and incorrectly take screenshots which are being used on topics. REMEMBER you will need a minimum of 6 sc's for your app of at least 6 different trips and this is a huge swinging point on your app to show your activity. It also looks amazing to have killpics in topics, as most of the time we're all making bank on these trips as well! 

Good example

iMdyaiN.png

1) RIGHT CLICK LOOT PILE
2) CLEAR DEFINITIONS BETWEEN WACK LOOT AND GOOD LOOT, IT'S NOT SHOWING 10K ITEMS HIGHLIGHTED (bar the items you'd loot mid fight, pots, p necks, brews)
3) SUITABLE ZOOM, IT'S NOT LIKE i'M TAKING A PHOTO OF AN EDGE PK FROM REV CAVES SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT'S THERE.
4) ALL CLIENTS ARE DIFFERENT, BUT MOST HAVE A DIRECT IMGUR UPLOAD FEATURE. USE. IT. 

Bad Example

vpZW0vm.png

1) WHEN THE FUCK WAS THIS PK? HOW CAN WE TELL YOU WERE ON A TRIP WITH US OR ON SOME SOLO RAMPAGE?
2) HOW CAN ANYONE TELL THIS IS YOURS? NO NAME ATTACHED, NOTHING TO BE ADDED TO IT AND ITS A TINY IMAGE ON AN OVERALL LARGE TOPIC WHICH WILL GET MISSED
3) THIS IS LITERALLY JUST LAZY, THERE'S NO DATE, NO OTHER MEMBERS WITH YOU AND OVERALL IS DEAD TO LOOK AT
4) LOOTING BAG PICS ARE JUST AS BAD, ONE MAYBE TWO EVERY FEW TRIPS IS FINE BUT IF YOU'RE DOING THIS REGULARLY YOU WILL BE CALLED OUT

Please take this as constructive for anyone reading this, but moving forward a clear loot pic with loot is that easy. Our topics are coming thick and fast atm and we're dominating sharkbrew and our own site with dope topics, but to get everyone into the same flow this is what will be expected moving forward for all members. 

Thanks! and have a nice day :)

Origen
$ DONATOR $

@A4BgJev.pngHerra Take notes guys - make sure you update your settings!

Schweden

:) 

FIXED > FULL SCREEN

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Good work Patron! 

LeafyMed

I've got everything set up properly thanks for this 

LostVikings

very informative, such wowe

Nido

I'm sorry but I use regular old-school client most of the time so mine will never have dates on

Akrr

if u are member then you should already know all of this and do it!

PATRON
$ DONATOR $

@Nido all good dude! Dates for right clicked screenshot whilst really handy, I’m not going to be hounding for. It’s more just loot bag pics that are the problem with no real grasp of what or where they’re taken! 

the480

@PATRON thanks for the article fam. I currently use gyazo. What do you guys use for screen shots? Something quick so I can hit it during rev cave fights. Also good vid/stream client that is free?