Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Genesis

Olm Mechanics

Genesis

As some of you know, I've been trying to teach people how to do raids 1 recently. Ideally, I'd like people to have gone through a video with all raids bosses to have just a general idea so it is easier for me to explain during the raid, but I understand that it takes a while and people may not want to watch a 2 hour long video and not understand a thing. It's easier to learn raids by just doing them.

However, the Olm fight is where people have been having major problems. I found a few guides for the Olm fight and some other general boss mechanics which should help summarize the bosses. I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I'd put it here. Public guides may not be the correct place so feel free to move the post.

Olm Mechanics (Most important) : http://raidshelper.com/guide/olm

General gear guide (some parts may be outdated) - PM me on discord to work out a personalized setup: https://wedoraids.com/resources/gear-guides/

Other room guides which I recommend (but not as necessary as Olm guide above): http://raidshelper.com/guides

We tend to skip the 3 V's (Vespula, Vanguards, Vasa) and Tekton so don't worry too much about those.

Looking forward to taking more people on raids teaching trips :)

Requirements: Mic, proper gear, decent stats, and most important of all, willingness to learn!

P.S: I'm not a pro. I only have a little over 40 KC myself, half of which were solo, but I've got the hang of most rooms/olm (crabs are a pain in the ass sometimes).

Origen
$ DONATOR $

<3_<3 Thanks for sharing this with the us!

Devotee
$ DONATOR $

thanks for the tips

Joseph

my man, I will definitely get it down

sick post

Ouija

one step closer to pvm clan

Smelly
$ DONATOR $

If you skip so many bosses, isn't it pretty hard to scout a raid?

Genesis

If you skip so many bosses, isn't it pretty hard to scout a raid?

Definitely takes longer but it helps lay a solid groundwork before moving to the less forgiving bosses. Baby steps.

Robbert

Will check this out :D This guy been one hell of a teacher with a lot of patience :)

Choke

Always down to raid, can only use a mic sometimes however ;O usually when it's not super late at night..

Trouserdevil

Sick post ty bruh.

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Helpin out the noobies