Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Smelly

1000th topic here - What got you into Runescape?

0Shock0

I was just looking for a new game to play on my shitty laptop and stumbled upon this gem

iR6

Everybody played this game 10+ years ago back in middle school

Ahau

Got introduced back in middle school by friends and it was all they talked about, I was F2P but the feel of the game just stayed with me and continued to play.

Avidius

Was introduced to it by friends when I was young — and then the grind began and never stopped

Njx

i started playing rs because my friends played everquest and my parents refused to pay the membership fee

Cheeezbiskit

When i was in 4th grad one of my friend was over at my house and asked if i had ever heard of runescape... he told me he found out about it through the miniclip link. so after he left that evening i made an account and started playing for hours.... got off of tutorial island and killed goblins with my bronze sword for hours... sold the loot at the lumbridge general store and reached like 30 attk and str before the thought even occurred to me that there were other areas of the game to explore... due to my combat level at the time i was denied the experience of dying to the dark wizards on my way to varrock... and thus began an almost 14 year addiction....

Zewy
$ DONATOR $

When i was in 4th grad one of my friend was over at my house and asked if i had ever heard of runescape... he told me he found out about it through the miniclip link. so after he left that evening i made an account and started playing for hours.... got off of tutorial island and killed goblins with my bronze sword for hours... sold the loot at the lumbridge general store and reached like 30 attk and str before the thought even occurred to me that there were other areas of the game to explore... due to my combat level at the time i was denied the experience of dying to the dark wizards on my way to varrock... and thus began an almost 14 year addiction....

Almost exactly the same btw.

i remember my first rage quit as well.. I had just gotten the ability to make my own steel armour and i think i had bought a mith scim. Went into varrock lvl 1 and lost it. 

Thanks to that man i was addicted to taking peoples loot. After i quit for 2 weeks out of anger.

Zetoastedbagel

I would have to say, the ease of access. It's really easy to pick up for a few minute sessions, until you find yourself sinking hours and hours into it!

Jonttu

when i was at first grade in school we started it with friends