Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
swifty93

MSB or Rune knives

Shottix

msb if you're fighting zerks+ 

Knives if fighting pures imo

LeaksCity

For the accuracy formula (according to combat formulas) you look it as this correct me if I am wrong

- When your attack is higher than their defence : Accuracy = 1 - ( 0.5 * TheirDefence/YourAttack )

- When your attack is lower than their defence : Accuracy = 0.5 * YourAttack/Their Defence

These values are taken from the skills interface (ranged attack bonus and defence bonus). Because the relationship between the attack and the defence is a quotient, you find that you will have massive diminishing returns over the 50% accuracy. So your equipment set's attack bonus has to match your opponents defence bonus to optimise. Next we have to note that Accuracy is defined as the chance to damage the opponent per hit, rather than per tick. The rune knives are 2 tick while the msb is 3 tick. So if we define Accuracy_0 as chance to damage per tick, the accuracy for rune knives is divided by two only rather than three. 

Summing up, the zerk ranged defence bonus is somewhere around 170, if they are using a defender. The 1 defence pure ranged defence bonus is somewhere around 50-60. Assuming you are using a normal ranged tank set up against a pure, you will have diminishing returns in accuracy when using the msb(i) + amethyst arrows and eagle eye. So in this case, I think knives would be a better choice. Furthermore, a pure in the same combat bracket as a ranged tank will have high attack stats, making the shield slot even more useful than so. Against zerks however, using msb(i) + amethyst will give an approximately 160 - 170 depending on risk. This will be the optimal weapon of choice. 

YEAHDOGGY

Just think about real life.. a knife can cut someone a bow just hurts if ur hit by it lololol

But the msb is magical

Evoqued

depends what gear theyre in - msb against tank

Junger

Knives with void, otherwise msb all the way