Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

EatTaco

Computer Question

EatTaco

How are PCs for work and stuff? I switched about 10 years ago to Mac and haven't really touched one since. Mac is second nature to me now. My parents are quite keen on me having a Mac so I'm trying to settle on a MacBook and then a PC desktop but then my dads like if you do that one will be obsolete. I really want a pc desktop though haha

zaynness

in my opinion, windows computer better for gaming.. 

sjaak2

Give me a budget and I'll build you an ownage gaming rig

EatTaco

Prefer $2K, give or take a few hundred, but $3,000 limit if it makes that much of a difference. I don't have a monitor either as I've always used macs. I'd probably spend some more time on other games like League too if I had a computer that could handle it better. @@sjaak2

sjaak2

Prefer $2K, give or take a few hundred, but $3,000 limit if it makes that much of a difference. I don't have a monitor either as I've always used macs. I'd probably spend some more time on other games like League too if I had a computer that could handle it better. @@sjaak2

Would you want me to save or spend it all? monitor can easily be included, do you play FPS/AAA games too?

Eli

I also use a MacBook to scape SOMETIMES if i'm stuck at school, or traveling. My desktop handles gaming WAY better.

EatTaco

Would you want me to save or spend it all? monitor can easily be included, do you play FPS/AAA games too?

Umm could you give me a few options? I'd be fine spending up to $2K, curious how much better 3K would get me. I don't play really too much because I had a mac, i played WOW a bit but it just wasn't as fun as RS for me. Debated getting destiny 2 on pc if i got a new comp @@sjaak2 Edited by EatTaco

Jamie

Mac books are overpriced pieces of shit all you are paying for is the brandname lol. Build a custom computer, with 2500-3000k to spend you will be able to build a beast computer.

Roffa

Well, as a computer science student I don't reccomend mac at all. My personal 'setup' is that I have a gaming desktop which I assembled myself which I also use  for games other than runescape. For school/work I bought myself a lightweight pc which is capable of running the basic programs smoothly but don't expect any graphical/mathematical power from it. I run Linux Ubuntu on it since I find it more convenient but Windows should do fine as well. For the price of one Macbook pro you should be able to buy a desktop and and a decent laptop easily. If you want some more details of what to buy for what purpose or antything like that, feel free to contact me

my nigga

ill def contact you with questions.

sjaak2

I7 8700K

Any decent Z370 motherboard

H115I/Noctua DH14/15 

16gb 3000+mhz cl14/15 ram from any company tbh

1/2tb western digital blue cavier/seagate barracuda

250gb+ SSD from samsung/crucial

Nvidia gtx 1080 ti or 1080, perhaps from asus/gigabyte

decent case (tons of options)

good PSU most likely from evga/superflower/seasonic etc etc

EatTaco

I7 8700K

Any decent Z370 motherboard

H115I/Noctua DH14/15

16gb 3000+mhz cl14/15 ram from any company tbh

1/2tb western digital blue cavier/seagate barracuda

250gb+ SSD from samsung/crucial

Nvidia gtx 1080 ti or 1080, perhaps from asus/gigabyte

decent case (tons of options)

good PSU most likely from evga/superflower/seasonic etc etc

How much money would I save by building it rather than buying a pre assembled? I was looking at the Origin Millenium and wondered if there was a good set up on that (I like the design) or if that was way over priced for everything. I am quite new at this haha, sorry. I really appreciate all the help though @@sjaak2