Sign in to follow this  
Tropy

Priority gear for Range Tank

Tropy

So i find myself to have some extra coins and i bought myslef a necklace of anguish. Figured its better than armadyl armor.

So it made me think what are the priority items for range tanks?

For pking i'd say

1)ballista

2)dbow

3)anguish

For pvm it gets hard doesnt it?

I'd say blowpipe is the most important, imbue archers second and anguish third, but what about acb and pegasians? What do you guys think?

tomnr

tank shield first tbh. Cheap alternative for boots are the new god hide boots that were added recently .

Grabbin

As for tank shield, I'd just roll with crystal shield for the beginning. For pvm I'd say:

(Should always have: God dhide boots, barrows helm, barrows legs)

Blowpipe > Acb > Odium ward/dfs

int 0x80

So i find myself to have some extra coins and i bought myslef a necklace of anguish. Figured its better than armadyl armor.

So it made me think what are the priority items for range tanks?

For pking i'd say

1)ballista

2)dbow

3)anguish

For pvm it gets hard doesnt it?

I'd say blowpipe is the most important, imbue archers second and anguish third, but what about acb and pegasians? What do you guys think?

Is anguish really better than armadyl? That sounds so off. Like having a fury and armadyl has to be better.

Tropy

I have odium ward/maladiction... i agree that pegasians can be moved aside for a minute.. as for anguish, it gives range str which, correct me if im wrong, no other piece of armor gives right?

Cayden
$ DONATOR $

arent the wards really good for tanks too?

Grabbin

arent the wards really good for tanks too?

They are good if you need no defence, since they don't give any melee defence

Wutang
$ DONATOR $

Depends... BH? Full  void + dragonshield and risk with d bow.

Deep Wildy? rune plate leg, d hide body, d bow+ rune c bow.

Tropy

would you say dfs > acb then? in terms of overall usage? my biggest cause of being torn is that essentially, what to do with my acb, its so expensive i could buy a dfs and then some but would i miss my acb... decision decisions... 

I Sam I
$ DONATOR $

I Pk in serp helm dfs rune c bow, d boots glory to rag legs n guthix plate, I don't think acb worth 17m

Wutang
$ DONATOR $

would you say dfs > acb then? in terms of overall usage? my biggest cause of being torn is that essentially, what to do with my acb, its so expensive i could buy a dfs and then some but would i miss my acb... decision decisions... 

You should watch Stimulant's videos when he BH's. I somehow understand that it's a bit risky. I'll probably go for rune kite and rune cbow with d bow spec. As for stim, he usually risks the d bow but literally smacks every noob he encounters. He rarely uses the acb and priorities dfs.

You can also pk while unskulled which means acb+ dfs but have to bring gp  with you.