Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Vizerker

THE ALPHA | A Mysterious Legacy (Sci-fi/Action Short Film 2014)

Vizerker

This is one of my original short films I created back in August 2014. I wanted to share this with you guys and also see if I could get some feedback.

bOQlg8y.jpg

TRAILER:

https://youtu.be/UjIWM_EWwNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvguMbmoCnc

I have been interested in this field of work my entire life. Cinematography is the career path I have chosen. After my service in the Navy, I'll have all the time in the world to pursue that dream. That doesn't mean I can't do anything about it right now! I'll have my camera gear back soon within the next couple months and ill start pushing out more projects. I specialize in all fields of film. Videography, editing, director, writing, audio, lighting, and more. You gotta know all the roles if you want to really know what you're doing. I'm just ranting on lol.

Here's a little background of this short film. It is also written in the description of the video, as well.

-----

"In a post-apocalyptic world left in peril, there is a story of one boy with a mysterious legacy.

***Mild language

This is THE final project I decided to take up before I left for US Navy bootcamp. Inspired by a short action sequence I put on Instagram; I decided to write and produce a short film within the action genre. 

Pre-production begin on AUG 5th with a simple short film idea to the completion of the screenplay that following day. The rest of that week consisted of casting, location scouting, and planning. The following Monday was our first day of filming. Due to many weather complications and much frustration; I was struggling to find a location to shoot. Luckily, I received a tip from a friend and my former television production teacher at the KACC that there was a warehouse used by several college students in the past. That Monday morning, I went to the warehouse and spoke to the owner of Performance Powder Coating INC in Kokomo, Indiana. He gladly let us film there for however long and whenever we would need it. The entire week consisted of a lot of stress and hard work. We filmed every day with the exception of only a day. 

The line.. "ITS A WRAP" is my favorite thing to say during production. Finally, the stress on our talents and crew have come to a close, but the stress on myself has grown IMMENSELY. The next week was post-production with of deadline by AUG 23rd (premiere party // going away party). I edited with both Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Adobe After Effects CS6. I am pretty familiar with Premiere... but it was my first time really using After Effects. I can definitely say it kicked its ass. Thank you Andrew Kramer of Video Copilot. 

Nearing the end of post-production, I ran through many editing complications, but pushed through and met my deadline of August 23rd at 9PM EST by nearly a couple hours. The premiere was amazing and I loved showing this off in the same warehouse we filmed in, on a beautiful projector, with a great viewing audience.

For my first action film and with the short time allotted, we did a pretty damn good job. Thank you to everyone that took part in this production. I love you all. Farewell.

-----
Filmed with:
Canon Rebel T4i + Canon 70d | both with Tamron 24-70mm

LEDs and Reflectors

Edited with:
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
Adobe After Effects CS6

Using Shockwave, Motion Pulse, Optical Flares, and Twitch."

----------

I am hopeful some of you could take 15 minutes of your time to view my work and also give me some feedback. Thanks guys!

FULL VIDEO:

X4QoSOW.gif

#vengup

V I Z E R K E R

Kev

That's pretty good, you even made it 2 years ago. One thing that's a problem for me is the audio, I have to turn up my volume quite a bit sometimes. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing man you'll get there ;).

Derek

nb

-CarnivoR

cool video I can imagine how much work went into this, and damn that girl <3

Joseph

you're a very talented and interesting character.

keep up the good work man.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Not bad at all man :o

I'm pretty amazed to see work like this from any one in our community.

Obviously there's bit here and there that could've been improved on i.e. special effects, fighting scenes, acting etc... But I feel like those are all just minor issues if I'm looking at the whole deal you've created :o

Very nice work man. You should keep working on it!