Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Bye

Veng Lure Me

yea man that blows. take your few months off and come back and see if its fun again.

Lotty
$ DONATOR $

Hi, @@Bemb.

I completely understand what it's like to suddenly begin to see a game as work.

Something similar happened to me while I was training Slayer in 2011.

Around mid-2011, it was about June, I was extremely frustrated with how many bots there were in the game and it became almost unbearable to play.  I was literally planning Slayer tasks around the best times when bots weren't online. Like after a system update or late hours on foreign servers.  I was dedicated to Slayer, so I wasn't going to stop any time soon.

But it got to a point where I was so overwhelmed, and I resorted to resigning from the game.  I spent a good chunk of time away from RuneScape and it made a huge difference for me.

Maybe that's all you need, Bemb?  A little time away.

I told myself back then that I was never going to come back and that I didn't care that I was 96 Slayer.  I was just done with the game, too.  But never say never.  I eventually came back after a month away and felt refreshed, and went on to achieving 99 Slayer.

Breaks are extremely healthy.  Most people don't play a game continuously like what we do with RuneScape, lol.  It's absolutely normal to play a game for months and then take a break from it for months!

It would be like if I played the same flash games for years, and even though the games are short-lived, I'd just keep replaying them.  Or play the same board game over and over.  I love flash games and board games, but I don't think I would want to play the same thing over and over for years.  Every game is different, though...  And that's not saying that I don't still play simple flash games over and over.  It's just not like how what we do with RuneScape.

If a game feels like a "job" at any given point, it's time to temporarily say goodbye.  It gets too overwhelming.

About 4-5 years ago, I had a point in my life where I was moderating on a website and had the third highest rank on this forum.  I was also working about 15-20 hours a week as an inventory manager at a grocery store, and then putting in an additional 60+ hours into the forums week and over 14+ hours a day.  

I started to bring my written tasks for the forums on paper and would work on them while I was on my breaks....  It was getting a little insane.  And the sad part was I wasn't being paid for all of the work that I did.  

Blood, sweat and tears went into this work and no one ever properly appreciated what I did for this website.  Eventually, I had a falling out and couldn't manage these things because "fun" became "work".

Just go with your heart, Bemb!

We will all miss you in Vengeance.  Do know that you'll always be a part of the family here...   :wub:

Take care and all the best to you.

See you on the flip side.

~Lotty

PlXELHUNGRY

Ly Lotty 

OT: Sad sad day. Liked you alot brandon, always up for a talk on ts and overall a very nice dude

Edited by PlXELHUNGRY