Sign in to follow this  
Almoe

How do I prevent my account from being recovered again?

Almoe

So recently I've recovered my main from being stolen by some guy from mpgh. I was just wondering, if I can add double security from him possibly recovering it? If not can he recover it using some basic information like, my original email, my previous passwords? Looking forward for some answers and hope that I wont lose it again^ 

Miltz

Auth code, will stop him logging in. Change email address etc etc.

Basically change everything that you can.

Almoe

Auth code, will stop him logging in. Change email address etc etc.

Basically change everything that you can.

Won't they be able to get it back from knowing some few information?

Tommy
$ DONATOR $

unless they have the ip the account was made on you should be good?

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

If you're the original owner and you know the following information when you've created the account you should always be able to have access to the account:

• IP Address when account was created
  • Creation date
  • E-mailaddress used for creation
  • First password used for creation

If you still have the same IP address as when you've created the account you're 100% fine if not and he knows the above information then he might be able to recover. Just try to contact Jagex about this so that they're aware of this for future recovery requests.

But if you're not the original owner and you've bought the account I'd never even spend any time on it.

Also make sure there's no social media account attached to your account. Like Facebook. Because even if you changed pass and he connected his facebook account to the account he can still log on to it in RS3/Runescape official site.

Snurf
$ DONATOR $

If you're the original owner and you know the following information when you've created the account you should always be able to have access to the account:

• IP Address when account was created
  • Creation date
  • E-mailaddress used for creation
  • First password used for creation

If you still have the same IP address as when you've created the account you're 100% fine if not and he knows the above information then he might be able to recover. Just try to contact Jagex about this so that they're aware of this for future recovery requests.

But if you're not the original owner and you've bought the account I'd never even spend any time on it.

Also make sure there's no social media account attached to your account. Like Facebook. Because even if you changed pass and he connected his facebook account to the account he can still log on to it in RS3/Runescape official site.

5c4rf4c3

Can't you set up like certain questions for them to ask you? And that phone auth thing

int 0x80

Tips on how not to get fucked:

1. Ensure both your email and osrs account have 2 factor authentication.
  2. Do NOT download anything
  3. Do NOT click any links that use a url shortener
  4. Do NOT go to any websites that you don't know
  5. DO NOT REUSE PASSWORDS - ESPECIALLY FOR RS RELATED CONTENT
  6. DO use a complex EMAIL password that contains numbers, letters, symbols, and is 12+ characters
  7. DO use a complex OSRS password that contains letters and numbers, and is 12+ characters
  8. DO use an email that you ONLY use for your OSRS account - DO NOT USE IT ANYWHERE ELSE!
  9. Do NOT use skype for communication  :) As said before, use the TS.
  10. Know where files are set to download in every application on your computer! If you're talking to someone suspicious, have a tab open that shows the download folder! TS/Skype shouldn't be downloading into %APPDATA%.
  11. Optional: Run Linux  :D

Pulled this straight from the Zevenge topic, but it should be quite relevant here. For the most part these are preventative measures. Look at what Sybren said for the stuff you need to do immediately after recovering your account, then follow all of the guidelines above for your safety in the future. Namely, set up 2FA on both your email and RS account as well as using NEW complex passwords.

PabloSenti

unless he has access to your phone and you have auth enabled, you should be good

int 0x80

unless he has access to your phone and you have auth enabled, you should be good

Unfortunately, account recovery disables 2FA

ParaCommando

Dont click any links