Sign in to follow this  
Ima Zerk

Strength Training: Questions

Ima Zerk

This is what my current set-up looks like:

uUuctL8.png

Training at: Nightmare Zone [Prayer potion method]

Q1: Obviously abyssal bludgeon is going to the best option for training strength, but what's the second best option? (Bludgeon is a relatively expensive item, and I don't want to sell off my return sets & zulrah gear to buy it.)

Q2: Firstly, money isn't a huge issue. -praiseprofitsnek- However, is it worth it to do the 1 hp absorption method for the extra strength bonus of a torso? [i personally don't think it is but I just want opinions :P]

Optional Q3: Would it be worth it to use some sort of prayer boosting book over the rune defender? [i guess it would be Unholy book vs Rune Defender]  

Fatigues

This is what my current set-up looks like:

uUuctL8.png

Training at: Nightmare Zone [Prayer potion method]

Q1: Obviously abyssal bludgeon is going to the best option for training strength, but what's the second best option? (Bludgeon is a relatively expensive item, and I don't want to sell off my return sets & zulrah gear to buy it.)

Q2: Firstly, money isn't a huge issue. -praiseprofitsnek- However, is it worth it to do the 1 hp absorption method for the extra strength bonus of a torso? [i personally don't think it is but I just want opinions :P]

Optional Q3: Would it be worth it to use some sort of prayer boosting book over the rune defender? [i guess it would be Unholy book vs Rune Defender]  

ttry sotd! i like the slash/relative cheapness, and try torso/climbers

if you're absorbing you won't have to worry so much about prayer bonnus :)

Ima Zerk

if you're absorbing you won't have to worry so much about prayer bonnus

Using prayer potions obviously :P but you prefer SOTD over abyssal dagger? 

Fatigues

if you're absorbing you won't have to worry so much about prayer bonnus

Using prayer potions obviously :P but you prefer SOTD over abyssal dagger? 

yeah just because of the possibility of using it for magic as well

not to mention it's slash too!

Gladias

Personally, I do the absorb method even though I have the money for Ppots, It's obviously slightly less afk-able but you get to wear max strength gear as a result. Since you're using prossy top and legs, I feel like the holy sandals are redundant and causes you to waste some much needed strength bonuses that the runeboots give you. I mean, if you've got a bunch of money sitting around then even a torso with the prossy legs is a viable option. I think the daggers bonuses are In crush, right? I think maybe even a SOTD could be a better option just cause of the added slash bonuses

NAYYLMAO

abby dagger is 2nd bis behind bludgeon so think about it

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Q1: Don't buy the bludgeon if it would affect your return sets or w/e. The abby dagger = pretty good, I mean look at them bonusses in your picture. You should be hitting quite accurate with that. 

Q2: The absorption method is just good if you want to save money and you have the time to be less afk. 

Honestly, I'd always preferred the ppot method because it's most afkable.

I also find having the best strength bonus the best way because I wanted to max out asap (time = money). Meaning that I was also using fighter torse + rune boots. All tho it's more expensive because you'll have less pray bonus and more ppots would be needed in the end, you would max out faster.

All in all it's up to you, it's just a grind you have to go thru. How you do it depends on your:

• bank wealth (gear/weapon-wise)
  • activity (ppot or absorption method)
  • patience (want to get 99 asap or do the previous points matter)

Miltz

P pot method ftw. Your set up looks good - I did exactly that but with a SS instead, got around 100k/h but I used rune boots and was 80 attack!

Grabbin

P pot method ftw. Your set up looks good - I did exactly that but with a SS instead, got around 100k/h but I used rune boots and was 80 attack!

With gmaul and using power surges I guess?

I peak at 82k without

Miltz

With gmaul and using power surges I guess?

I peak at 82k without

Naa man, without! What att and str are you? I was getting 105k at 98 str and 80 attack

Grabbin

92 att, 96 str, although I'm training att with a reg whip