Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Zulrah: How to maximize profit with 1 kill per teleport?

Ben
$ DONATOR $

So yesterday (If you were in 'V public' you'll no doubt have heard me fuming) I did Regicide and decided to try Zulrah.

Twenty...Six...Deaths. I killed it once, in twenty six deaths, once. From there I'd done reseach, had one of the gents try and stream some help to me and a couple of people offer me some advice, ended up memorizing where I was dying and didn't really need cheat sheet any more.

Now I've got about 26 kills and about 60 deaths but the past 7 or so kills I had about 5 deaths in between, slowly getting there my success rate is still hit and miss.

Now here's my predicament. I'm 80 Mage and 88 Range, my gear is fine, but perhaps my levels aren't. I want to be clearing it faster, more reliably (Just practice) and ultimately getting 2-3 kills per inventory. My issue at the moment is I'm not hitting often enough with Magic (About 3/5 times i'll hit) and I need that to be more reliable, also Zul-Andra teleports are 30k! And the vast majority of drops (Grapes, Flax, Antipoisons) work out cheaper than the cost of getting there, so here are my options;

• Get magic to 85? I have about 2m bank and don't really want to be selling my required gear just to be able to level it up. I've not done LD or DT so it'll be a case of Stun/Alching, OR I could get to 82, do DT and do some bursting but I haven't really got the disposable income and doing Zulrah is going to be my go-to money maker to make money for the requirements do it more efficiently (Zulception).
  • Start using Charter Boat to get there rather than Zulandra teles, i'll save 28k per inventory which means it's almost purely profit but it takes a fair amount longer to get there. At the moment though I'm not fussed on how long it takes I need money and 30k per Tele when I use 3 prayer doses (8k) and Anti-Venom+ dose, range and mage dose (about 10k more) as well as about 15 sharks (10k) and my runes/darts (Don't know, maybe 10k more?) Recoils (3k) means I'm spending about 62k trip IF I KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS ME. And the majority of drops I've had don't actually cover that. I'm not getting 71/76 agility any time soon so I won't be using Fairy Ring tele's even though that'd be better.
  • Keep going through, trial and error until I have it down. Disregard how expensive teles are and focus on learning Zulrah, now this seems obvious but 20 attempts at zulrah's currently costing me the best part of 600k and if I have to keep dying (
    happening a lot less now but still not perfect) it's costing me double the cost every single trip. I mean if this is the best method i'll do it, but I want to maximize profit and get 2 kills and inventory, I know at the moment I'm much better actually making sure I beat it ONCE an inventory but as I say if I need more Mage or cheaper Routes I'd like to know.

Thanks guys, any advice is good advice.

Ben
$ DONATOR $

So yesterday (If you were in 'V public' you'll no doubt have heard me fuming) I did Regicide and decided to try Zulrah.

Twenty...Six...Deaths. I killed it once, in twenty six deaths, once. From there I'd done reseach, had one of the gents try and stream some help to me and a couple of people offer me some advice, ended up memorizing where I was dying and didn't really need cheat sheet any more.

Now I've got about 26 kills and about 60 deaths but the past 7 or so kills I had about 5 deaths in between, slowly getting there my success rate is still hit and miss.

Now here's my predicament. I'm 80 Mage and 88 Range, my gear is fine, but perhaps my levels aren't. I want to be clearing it faster, more reliably (Just practice) and ultimately getting 2-3 kills per inventory. My issue at the moment is I'm not hitting often enough with Magic (About 3/5 times i'll hit) and I need that to be more reliable, also Zul-Andra teleports are 30k! And the vast majority of drops (Grapes, Flax, Antipoisons) work out cheaper than the cost of getting there, so here are my options;

• Get magic to 85? I have about 2m bank and don't really want to be selling my required gear just to be able to level it up. I've not done LD or DT so it'll be a case of Stun/Alching, OR I could get to 82, do DT and do some bursting but I haven't really got the disposable income and doing Zulrah is going to be my go-to money maker to make money for the requirements do it more efficiently (Zulception).
  • Start using Charter Boat to get there rather than Zulandra teles, i'll save 28k per inventory which means it's almost purely profit but it takes a fair amount longer to get there. At the moment though I'm not fussed on how long it takes I need money and 30k per Tele when I use 3 prayer doses (8k) and Anti-Venom+ dose, range and mage dose (about 10k more) as well as about 15 sharks (10k) and my runes/darts (Don't know, maybe 10k more?) Recoils (3k) means I'm spending about 62k trip IF I KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS ME. And the majority of drops I've had don't actually cover that. I'm not getting 71/76 agility any time soon so I won't be using Fairy Ring tele's even though that'd be better.
  • Keep going through, trial and error until I have it down. Disregard how expensive teles are and focus on learning Zulrah, now this seems obvious but 20 attempts at zulrah's currently costing me the best part of 600k and if I have to keep dying (
    happening a lot less now but still not perfect) it's costing me double the cost every single trip. I mean if this is the best method i'll do it, but I want to maximize profit and get 2 kills and inventory, I know at the moment I'm much better actually making sure I beat it ONCE an inventory but as I say if I need more Mage or cheaper Routes I'd like to know.

Thanks guys, any advice is good advice.

Scuffee

honestly, the faster your kills, the less supplies wasted, simple fact is that youll need higher ranged and magic!

Tyy

Your accuracy with trident is directly determined by your magic level. You hit more and higher with higher magic. Props for giving it a try at those levels but I really think you should focus on training for now. You're wasting money on teleports and supplies.

Good luck either way.

Veng Speeeed

id probably say 90+ mage and your set tbh! 

Distracts

This is also something I'm planning on getting into once I raise my range level, I'll be following this post because I have similar questions. What's everyone's thoughts on required levels? 85+ Mage and 85+ range?

slawa
$ DONATOR $

Use mithril/addy darts. Its almost the same and costs 1/5 the price. 

Im 99 range/96 mage and I do 1-2 kills per trip, using the following setup:

38da1b0f848dfa5c62ccc15a8861a9cf.png

Ronnnald
$ DONATOR $

Honestly most of it is knowing the patterns, iv seen people with 60-79 Mage do it with no issue. Iv died 80+ times before my first kill on my other acc lmao.

Veng Speeeed

Honestly most of it is knowing the patterns, iv seen people with 60-79 Mage do it with no issue. Iv died 80+ times before my first kill on my other acc lmao.

exactly this ^

Caregan

0-26 for me.

Gladias

What I found that worked for me, and this won't necessarily work for everyone, is that I didn't use the map or any type of guide to learn Zulrah. I learned it purely off of reaction and muscle memory. A general rule of thumb whilst doing zulrah is that, if it were to spawn on the left side for instance, then be ready to move to the other side because it's not going to spawn in the same spot twice, barring a couple times. But again, I would suggest to anyone wanting to do Zulrah to get at least 85-85 stats before going for it. It's not that you can't do it without those stats, rather your times are going to be fairly slow. If it were me, I would sell my gear and buy the stats/supplies requred for Zulrah. Yes, there is a huge learning curve, but once you figure out how everything works, it becomes one the best money makers in the game. You'll easily make back what you sold for supplies.