Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Can we talk about the state of Edgeville at the moment?

Ben
$ DONATOR $

This Is less of a complaint despite there being a fair amount of complaining, and more of a discussion about the state of the wilderness as it stands.

Now I've been out of the game realistically for about 5 years, almost all of my time on OSRS has consisted of training accounts up to the ideal stats I want to PK with, dying fairly often and carrying on training and so on and so forth.

So a few weeks ago I was 74 or so combat, got hold of my full void and decided to go pking for the first time in a very long time. Didn't have vengeance yet was 80 something range, 51 defence, 45 prayer and ready for a bit of pking. Made sure I was skulling, had my Rune kite Non-heraldic so it dropped on death and a Glory with things like Rxbow, bolts etc. You know, a respectable low level risk to have people want to fight me.

This is edgeville and almost every...single...person was a Void pure with a Power Amulet, a G maul rusher, or a 60 attack pure with a str amulet calling you for everything and talking shit if you died because you're wearing void vs their 30k risk.

I had 7 fights (Again rusty) First fight died to a void pure with a power ammy and Karils crossbow (Fair enough fair fight) came back target was a 75 attack Pure, Castle wars mage top, Halo, Fury, Blessed Sara Sword and AGS. Obviously refused to skull which was fair enough but actually just risked black chaps that was it. Again called me a faggot for having void, said he wouldn't fight me or log and to go and fuck myself, didn't give him any abuse or anything just told him to grow up, since I was skulling. Anyway ended up in a fight vs another pure who wasn't as bad, 60 attack soon as he pulled out the DDS the other kid who was my target Blitzed, Ags > G mauled me, hit a 52, 10, I survived, called me a fucking faggot and tped out.

The next 5 fights consisted of two dark bow rushers, another AGS rusher, an initiate pure who 4 specced DDS and instantly teled and a 1 def 60 attack pure who I was fighting with my blowpipe, he hit me once with his dds hitting a 17 and poisoned me, spent the next 15-20 attacks eating every single hit because he couldn't tank which was good, and all the time poison and recoil was stacking, hit me once with his D scim for a 31 and I died! :D

Since then I've managed to get to level 88 70 prayer, 70 defence, 88 range and I'm fighting mostly maxed pures or Zerkers (Who won't fight me despite me risking similar amounts) or void pures with vengeance which I don't have yet. The pures are still toxic and abusive and risk nothing as if it's their entitlement for training with 1 defence in NMZ for the past month. Still Void rushers but now there are maxed AGS > G maul rushers who hit what they can, PJ when they can and just run off.

Now I'm looking forward to 95+ combat so I'm constantly fighting Rune and I'm past the pure threshold but it's just such a sad state of affairs for single combat, no wonder getting 70 prayer seemed like such an obvious choice. I personally feel like unless I'm 95+ combat, singles pking at Edgeville is absolutely not going to be worth it, it's no way to make money since nobody has any sort of risk I'd say it's more about having fun but it's more about dodging rushers.

I mean as a community at least 70% of people were 1 ticking MSB to AGS with slayer helms, torsos and black chaps, and these are zerkers, like our community and it's just such a blatantly cheap tactic and so efficient it annoys me that people moan about Void when every other build other than Piety builds have fully efficient untradeables for every single slot.

Is Edgeville under 95 combat just a breeding ground for scumbags? If you're looking to do singles are you better going deeper into the wilderness in singles, or PvP worlds? Can't wait to max out and do some decent multi!

Veng Speeeed

I think it is bro.. around 90-100 cmb its full of scumbags the amount of people who just use msb to ags and if their ags spec fails they tele out lol... the amount ive seen is unreal!

RobJr

I've never paid a lot of attention to most of edgeville, most of them don't know a thing about pking outside of Edgeville, and if I'm honest edge is irrelevant.

Maserati

You'll find better fights in multi, il rather play league of legends as thats less toxic than edgeville pking

Miltz

I think it is bro.. around 90-100 cmb its full of scumbags the amount of people who just use msb to ags and if their ags spec fails they tele out lol... the amount ive seen is unreal!

I hate this. Don't bother pking there anymore really! Although @@Scuffee had some success..

Adam The Cat

edge is cancer, west drags is the place to be 

slawa
$ DONATOR $

Go to the high risk pvp world and find risk Fights. But range Tanks don't realy get many Fights either way. I quit Edge pking. 24/7 zulrah and Multi pking for me now.

UkYBruv

Fuck edge pking

I'm soo wet

Singles not