Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Kimboy

How did you find out about RS? And what was your first OG name when you were young?

Kimboy

I started playing runescape when 12 years ago when my friend from the 4th grade told me about it.

My original runescape name was  yoohooman23 L0000L and i first found out about the skill range when i was walking to the black night fortress lmfaoo Hence the reason why i fell inlove w the skill range bc i was a complete noob about it.

I remember when i use to freak out when someone gave me 2k and i thought mithril armor was cool af . 

Yes ive got lured. like 4 times in my life. and i remember losing full Guthix was worst then when i lost 1b stake to this day haha. 

So if anyone has any interesting stories on how they first came about in RS and your noob stories please share some of yours! Id like to hear some of you guys.

PS i thought pking w Full rune and a s shortbow was meta LMFAO 

Mirino

Found out 2003 I think, with some schoolfriends when we were looking for a game where we can level together..

My first og was whatisfear14 lmao. 

And I can remember that I lost a full rune set to a lure and nearly cried.. lmao

EatTaco

I started playing Runescape 15 years ago (as of January)  in 2005 when my buddy in 4th grade also told me about it. I heard him and a couple other of my friends talking about some game but they wouldn't tell me because "having too many players would ruin the game," so they were trying to keep it on the DL haha. Finally I convinced them to tell me while were were doing something in PE, and as of August I got my mom to buy me membership. My username was Gavin377 after my best friend's name Gavin, and the number was just generated with it because Gavin was obviously taken. Range ended up being my favorite skill (maple short bows were introduced into f2p shortly after I started playing) and my friend Connor who told me about the game was bitching because that's what he used. As soon as I got mom I got 50+ range for the mob and Connor was in disbelief that I had gotten "such a high skill so fast" haha. Full mithril was 15k and I thought I was bad ass in that too. I lived to pk in full rune with a magic short bow in barrack lv 1-3 where everyone was massed together, and that's when the saddest day of my life happened. I killed druids for units (1k ea) and would make enough money to pk with then lose it all because I was such a noob and have to make it back again. Well I finally made my 1st mil, and didn't know it was on me in the wild. I went to take a piss, but was unfortunately 1 step inside th wild rather than 1 step out. When I can back I saw the last arrow flying at me which killed me, and saw my cash stack in my inventory but it was too late. The guy wouldn't give my money back either.. Needless to say I was heartbroken and it took me over a month to get my money back.

I've gotten lured a handful of times as well and scammed over the years haha, had my fair share of breaks. Biggest mistake was when I had about 4b during the fp days as a host, and my clan decided to feed our trolls easter eggs which were only 60m then. Me being a greedy human decided to just do a couple doubles to get the money back but instead the guy went on a 19 hot steak as I called cold and after my last one which cleaned my bank, his 20th was cold. RIP RS3

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

My stephbrother showed me the game for the first time 13-14 years ago. I found out about PvP a couple of months later and instantly got hooked up with the game.

First name was Busta20000000 because I was listening to a Busta Rhymes song :P

Profanity

holy shit, i was smoking pot with the guy next door, he started playing it cuz we where stoned and i got hooked like 5years ago :D

MissedTheBus

started in 2004 i was maybe 10 or so. My indian neighbor played this game a lot and i made an acc. My mom wouldn't let me play it so she would drop us off at the local recreation center that had a library. She thought we were reading books the whole time but we were on the computers playing rs l0l. This went on for maybe 4 months before one day she caught us. my first account was boomer4010, ending up getting hacked i think. i don't remember. played from 2004-2009 ish. Couldn't get into the turmoil/dungeoneering scene and i thought i was out growing the game. OSRS was released yet again and i have played ever since. almost 24 years old now and still in love  with my childhood game. And yes, my mom and dad still don't know i play this game lolll. used to get rides to the local 7-11 to buy membership cards and shit lolll

Foreigner
$ DONATOR $

We were allowed to bring something from home to school so one of the people that was in my class brought his laptop and I basicly fell in love with his rune scimitar.

Jernt

2004 from cousin first name slapz honor was first pure since my cousin was a pure

Jake

i think i started when i was 11, so 12 years ago. good times, good times.

Eli

was introduced to the game around 2005-2006

MadIsMad

My brother (Zaynness) showed me the game almost 13 years ago.

My first acc was kiler881

yes... with one "l"