Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Anaestheticz

Looking for some range/mage tank guidance.

Anaestheticz

Hey all,

So I started playing OSRS in June 2019 for the first time since late 2006. Back then, I was a range tank in Higher Force (This is all in my intro post I did a few months ago here so sorry if this is going to sound a bit redundant). 

This time around, I haven't had too much time to do any pking of sorts (full time job as geologist + going back to school) since I felt the need to try and essentially max out as soon as I possibly can...and by max out, I don't mean just stat wise. I mean like getting Rigour/Augury, getting Elite Void, completing Dragon Slayer 2 for Ava's Assembler, completing MM2 for Heavy Ballista, etc. 

Well, today was the day that I feel that my account is officially ready, but... now with how many new items have been released since the last time I pked, the skill ceiling is definitely a lot higher than back in the day when all we did was practically just switching between 2 weapons only. There's a lot for me to learn and ultimately I'm just trying to find some good resources on this. If anyone here knows of any solid resources like YouTubers/Twitch streamers or even written guides on range tank pking, I'd love to see it. From the limited knowledge I have, it seems that it's basically Drag Knife -> Heavy Ballista spec -> Drag thrownaxe spec. Are there alternatives to this? Or is this essentially best way to do it?

Also, when it comes to death, what happens to the Ava's Assembler and Elite Void items? I imagine that we automatically get this back in inventory since I see so many people pk with it, but can't imagine dying and permanently losing it just to have to re-farm the points for void gear and such.

Do range tanks even use "tank" gear anymore? Like Torag's helm and platelegs or anything like that? And then switch to Elite Void when trying to go for the kill?

Anyways, at this point I'm just rambling. Got lots of things to study up on. 

Looking forward to joining the discord and even in-game chat if y'all have one (as you can probably see, I'm still oblivious to so many things atm)

Local_News

Hey man, V Public for our in game cc,

So the current death mechanics in runescape are pretty pathetic but very convenient. If you're pking below 20 wildy or on a pvp world / bounty hunter, your untradables (void/fire cape/torso/assembler/defender etc) all break and you can repair them on an npc in edge for a small coin fee, like 50-200k depending on what items. So they're super good for pvp.

Range tanks in vengeance style fights have a lot of options, you can focus dps and use full elite void, typically with like dragon knives and a kiteshield for a little defence. Alternatively yeah you can bust out some torags for tank gear. Ballistas are solid for kos. Theres plenty of different weapons you can use, dragon throwing knives / magic shortbow with amethyst arrows are two of the most common because they definitely spit out some dps. 

Best advice is to just go watch some more videos, then find a cheapish gear set to use and go out die a bunch of times, don't worry about the money. Just keep fighting and you'll be op in no time

When you join our discord feel free to pm me any time if you need anything man, welcome to Veng

Anaestheticz

Appreciate it, just joined the clan chat. Going to join the discord once I can figure that out ^_^

Edit: We got into the discord! 

Edited by Anaestheticz

JackRegal

so if u wanna edge pk u basically use void with dknives (or rune knvies if u wanna go fancier and get more experienced) and just stack balli hit with axe spec pretty much,or u can use good ol tank gear with torags helm and stuff its still viable (arguably better than void too).For clanning u use the old setup pretty much but u camp avas in the cape slot and use a crystal shield (3way switch from robes and staff to hides tank legs and rcb).All ur untradeable break and can be fixed if u die sub 20 wildy but if u die over 20wildy u just lose em

syckness

add me on disc : Arty#7830,

ask me what you want to know/need clearafication on

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

all the previous replies pretty much nailed it :) don't hesitate to ask any of us on the forums/clan chat/discord.

Add me on discord for access to our private discord/teamspeak Sybren#4277

Bronek

gl