Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

SPEARFlSHER

Complete AFK guide for NMZ training.

SPEARFlSHER

As some of you may know I've been making a Tank account for when my Med doesn't cut the mustard (AKA i'm shit at tanking). 

I didn't really want to commit the time to a 2nd account but luckily this one was unbanned from 2013 or so and already had some decent stats. So amongst the constant questing in my free time, i've also been at the Nightmare Zone training defence. I started off at 83, and am just about to hit 95, in the span of about 5 days. Nearly 90% of that was done at work too haha. 

I am pretty busy with work and other hobbies outside of work, and really don't have time for slayer or other training methods, so I went with NMZ and played around till I found the most AFK setup I could.
In the end I settled on this setup: (The dream also includes "Tree Spirit" as the 5th monster)
2Qpgswz.png rvA5h9Y.png

With 73 att/str; I am sitting on 60k xp/hour, and about 50k points per hour. I was using around 250 absorption points per 20mins with 83 defence. And a super set at the same interval. As your def rises, you use less and less. You COULD use a super combat in place, however with that exact invent, I run out of absorption's & super potions right before the 6 hour logout timer. So I figured i'd save the money. 

You could probably increase your xp an hour by using a rapier. If you're a med or different build you can wear primordials etc. I'm not going to bother Imbuing my zerker ring, but you would wear a ROS instead if you were low def I think. Inferno would probably be handy too. But this is a low req setup, just needs a bit of gp to get going.

What makes this setup so AFK & beautiful is the utilisation of Google Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer. This app allows you to view AND click your desktop screen via your phone. So what I do is set a timer on my phone for 18mins, open the app, sip whatever potions I have to, then close the app. When the timer goes off, repeat. When your 6 hour logout timer kicks in, I open the OSRS app and bank for new pots, create the dream and pay the 22k (varies with amount of QP) and stand next to the vial. 
Open the Remote desktop again, login via your desktop and start the dream. Then you're set for another 360k xp. 
Here's a few screenshots from my phone (low quality, iPhone5 life):
Q7UITmd.jpg kAfc8NW.jpg

The link for Chrome Remote Desktop is here: https://remotedesktop.google.com/access/
Just search the same in the app store on your phone and link them with your email. Easy as fuck. Now get out there and max your applicable levels (Including you Patron)

syckness

yow, this guide is actually pretty dope! nice bro!

Akrr

gj spearfisher, nice guide

chrome remote desktop is a good shout tbh

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Always can use more tanks! : ) Nice guide

SPEARFlSHER

@PATRON take note 

Sybren
$ DONATOR $
14 hours ago, Bjuj said:

Always can use more tanks! : ) Nice guide

yes please, need more mage shooters :) 

PATRON
$ DONATOR $
On 11/1/2019 at 12:40 AM, SPEARFlSHER said:

@PATRON take note 

I hate you, but nice guide <3

Darkhorse

Is there a tip/guide for Zerkers to find there best AFk methods or does 45 defence not allow for this?

SPEARFlSHER

Hey Dark. I'm not sure, i've never made a Zerk. However Void might be your best option? Depends on your quests too

Darkhorse
6 hours ago, SPEARFlSHER said:

Hey Dark. I'm not sure, i've never made a Zerk. However Void might be your best option? Depends on your quests too

I'm at around 215 QP overall so far I believe, however I can get up to 250 ish..