Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Reverted

(Zerk) When to make the atk/def jump to med?

Reverted

Hey everyone. Lengthy/rambly post warning. tl;dr I'm interested to hear your thoughts on when/if you decided to change your account build from 60 to 75 attack and 45 to 70 defence.

In particular, I've had a question on my mind for a while now. I love to NH brid. To preface, here are my stats:

60 Attack - 89 Strength - 44 Defence - 92 HP
52 Prayer - 98 Range - 96 Magic - (89.9 Combat)

I like that my 44 defence lets me tank a bit more with the black d'hide top, and is a lot more forgiving to learn on than a pure. Now my dilemma is that I'm currently 89 CB, 5 CB away from max 60/45 zerk. This lets me chill around Lava maze tele and revs, and be relatively close to safety from max teams (safe from 123s at 34 wild). This lets me find more fights, but also not worry too much about TBs/outlasts with max accounts. Now the bad side is that I'm feeling my 60 attack is a bit limited with a dds, and still am not entirely confident bringing claws out every time in singles. I've had instances where I've gotten pretty shitfaced and lost +1s in the past, mainly a few ballistas and a dcb. AGS seems like the perfect weapon nowadays, especially with the price drops. If you have, when (what cb) did you make the jump to 75 attack? and did you do 70 defense at the same time?

I've never maxed a pvp account before, so I'd appreciate advice from you all. My idea is that right now I'm at the cusp of the level thresholds at some of the busiest hotspots. It makes sense not to level up attack/strength/def until I'm have to gain 2-3 cb levels from forced Str/HP. I can bully baby pures to max pures, and can tussle with mains close to safety. I however get run over by meds unless I play it safe. How is the med level NH scene? Worrisome part about max pking is all the 0s unless you risk big. I guess I have a 85 mage range baby pure for fast fights, but for this account I'm not sure whats juicier, being a zerk and having an advantage over pures while disadvantaged by meds (quick fights), or be a med and destroy max pures-zerks while getting pushed by max accs (bit more drawn out)?

Origen
$ DONATOR $

If you love to NH get yourself a maxed med. 

I don't think I have encountered a more fun & versatile build. You can do everything as a maxed med.

If you're a good brid, you can win against mains & at the same time, you will absolutely destroy lower level pkers due to Augury, Rigour & Piety. It is safe to say, I think it is the most overpowered build right now.

You have a pretty nice account, but if you look towards joining Vengeance I'd honestly say; go med. You will not find yourself bullied in fights as you will as a zerk.

Lmk if you need anything on discord - Origen#1226

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Really depends what YOU want to do tho.

Pures aren't that OP compared to any build having the b gloves/void. And yes, you don't have to worry about being that skilled vs a pure that cb level.

If you are looking to fight people with better loot meaning other zerks + meds + mains (giving you higher cb) AND multi ownage, med is the way to go. It's the most popular and succesfull build there is right now, both pvp and pvm ;) Unlocks pretty much everything and makes everything easier for that reason.

Make sure you only move up when you're a 100% sure ;) 

MarvelRS

I'm biased but 60 atk maxed med is great fun, but only really if you have claws. If you're unsure on whether to go med i'd go 60 atk 70 def and try that, and you can always go 75 75 down the line. With rigour and augury you can fight mains without too much drama

modlulz
57 minutes ago, MarvelRS said:

I'm biased but 60 atk maxed med is great fun, but only really if you have claws. If you're unsure on whether to go med i'd go 60 atk 70 def and try that, and you can always go 75 75 down the line. With rigour and augury you can fight mains without too much drama

unsure, get both, start with 75 att tho

chunkydoinks
$ DONATOR $

75 att maxed med is the way forward imo

Thomas

75 attack is the way to go

Trae

If you love my bridding go maxed Med u less you’re. A fucking monster like myself and smoke maxed meds all day on a maxed zerk

Reverted

Thanks for the advice everyone, seems med is the way to go. I think I will give 75 attack a shot first, after my pure levels up a bit to cover my bracket.

MarvelRS
5 hours ago, Reverted said:

Thanks for the advice everyone, seems med is the way to go. I think I will give 75 attack a shot first, after my pure levels up a bit to cover my bracket.

nice, sure you'll enjoy it

TeatGrabber

yeah deff 75 attack