Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Metrokiller

Med level or Zerker?

Metrokiller

I'm getting back in to Runescape and i cant make my mind up on what account i want.

I need help making up my mind as i don't have a main account on Runescape only this account (chainSnapper) and a pure so I'm lacking  a main what makes me what to go med level as i can do all content, I'm looking to app to join the clan once i get my strength level up.

What do you think and why, Med level or zerker pro's and cons?

Siege

zerks are out dated make a med lvl, literally no reason to go zerk instead of med unless you simply want to have a zerker lol

Zewy
$ DONATOR $

Med level has a lot more access to the game. 

Every 75 attack zerk that joins spends a couple weeks then goes med or 99att zerk.

99attack zerk is dps king but i wouldn't recommend it unless it is a secondary/third account. its mainly used for clanning or people who are completionist. We have 4-5 99 attack zerks that have been them for multi years and love it speak with trae or nick the dark.

Med is more popular. single pking, edge pking, clan pking, better for diaries and pvm as well. 

Metrokiller

Thank you @Siege, @Zewy for your feed back. :) 

Origen
$ DONATOR $

I'd highly suggest you to make a med.

They are very versatile & powerful.

Keep in mind that in order to get a complete med account you not only need a maxed med, but diaries & prayers unlocked. Prayers are obviously the most important part, but things such as Kandarin hard makes a difference too.

If you need any help, let me know on discord - Origen#1226

JackRegal

Been a 75att zerk for quite a while and a zerk fanboy since 2009 and honestly just make a med level

pig-wiener

I recently came back to the game myself and had the same thoughts, I started off doing zerker then I realized a med level seems like more fun and certainly more powerful, I'd go med.

Arbor

M E D 

was a 75atk zerk for a month and wasn't a fan. comes down to personal preference tbh

Sybren
$ DONATOR $
5 hours ago, Zewy said:

Med level has a lot more access to the game. 

Every 75 attack zerk that joins spends a couple weeks then goes med or 99att zerk.

99attack zerk is dps king but i wouldn't recommend it unless it is a secondary/third account. its mainly used for clanning or people who are completionist. We have 4-5 99 attack zerks that have been them for multi years and love it speak with trae or nick the dark.

Med is more popular. single pking, edge pking, clan pking, better for diaries and pvm as well. 

^leader nailed it :) 

Thomas

Got both a zerk (99 attack) and a med (75 attack), they both have their own pro's and cons.

Zerk:

Pro's: 

• Low cost returns
  • Don't need to mage usually, unless tbing or smallman
  • Amazing melee DPS (melee DPS of a zerk is higher than a 75 attack med once the zerk has above 88 attack)
  • Cheaper to make/maintain
  • Can get 99 prayer (meds can but I generally don't really like it)

Cons: 

• Generally tanking is slightly more luck based than on a med level, as your defence is just abysmally low it's just begging your pnecks pop unless it's gg. If you get piled by a big amount of people, you usually don't stand a chance surviving a tank. 
  • Lower range DPS
  • Lower bulk overall
  • Less variety for +1's (if you like to experiment with that)
  • Worse in singles unless very low wild but who pk's there?

Med:

Pro's: 

• Better bulk
  • Easier to tank your inventory and tank longer
  • Controls all 3 styles of the combat triangle and generally also good at every style.
  • Augury, Piety & Rigour access AKA higher DPS + defenses.
  • More +1's to use. (Ahrims top, Sotd, Staff of light, Ballista, ZGS, Elder Maul, Dragon/Armadyl crossbow, ZGS, AGS vs AGS, ZGS, Elder Maul, Ballista of a zerk)
  • Can wear torags
  • CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD CRYSTAL SHIELD
  • Better to single pk with
  • Access to max gear

Cons: 

• More expensive to make
  • More time consuming 
  • Returns are also more expensive
  • Less melee DPS than a bigdick zerk
  • Lower combat than a 112 zerk (but it this really a con)

ytsb

Med med med. Made a maxed 75 att zerk when OSRS first came out and quit early 2015. Came back to the game in November 2018 and got rid of the zerk after a month. Forgotten prayers are too OP mate.