Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Almoe

How long have you been playing rs? and what makes you keep playing/motivated

vengMatt
$ DONATOR $

Uhm since i was 11 so 7 years now

Cayden
$ DONATOR $

I've been playing since about 2005/2006... Right now clanning is what is keeping me here :)

Lotty
$ DONATOR $

Hi @@Almoe.

I started playing on 20 June, 2002, and recently just celebrated my 15th anniversary with RuneScape.  (I still find it hard to believe that it's been 15 years.)

What motivates me to keep playing?  I'd say lots of things!  

I have always found that being part of a clan has always motivated me.  Meeting good friends motivates me.  Being a good person in game motivates me.  My favourite skills motivate me.

However, we all go through periods where we don't feel like playing or run out of time to play, and I use these breaks as a healthy escape.  Many of us are addicted to the game itself, but that doesn't mean that taking a break is bad.

I think many of us still play to this day out of nostalgia and for game play.  There are many games similar to RuneScape, but no game is really like RuneScape, and that's why we play.  It's a love-hate relationship with a bittersweet cycle.

I want to play this game because of the wonderful friends I've made on this game over the years that I've played.  All very sweet people who are extremely dedicated and passionate towards the game and real life!  They have impacted me so much that I'll probably just continue to play until I grow very old....   :P

There's just nothing more than playing a unique game with a bunch of people who enjoy a brotherhood, or sisterhood, as much as I do.  

If you'd like to know about any of my past on RuneScape, just send me a pm, Almoe.  I've left out a lot.   :) 

~Lotty

Jody
$ DONATOR $

i started playing back in 2006. but took breaks between session after 2009

Oh_Mr_Smilee

I have been playing since early RS2, back when I had surgery as a young kid. It's just kind of always been my go-to when I was feeling frustrated or down after that haha