Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Fremnik

Mage/Range Training for Poor Noobs Like Me!

Fremnik

So, as we know it is imperative that both range tanks and rune pures have roughly 94 range and mage at some point in there pking careers (don't just get 80 range if you're a zerk and be lazy cause that's a requirement). If you're like me, Fremnik, the poorest noob to ever spawn from lumbridge you need to train and make money simultaneously. It is assumed you have enough money for ammo and food.

So first lets start with range, the much easier of the two.

(the real "money" can't be made until around 45-50 range)

1-20 can be done via Horror from the Deep Quest.

20-50 can be done doing slayer which has its own advantages as well later at higher levels.

20-30 can be done safe spotting guards in varrock around rocks by the gate.

30-40 can be done at sand crabs, while picking up caskets/uncut gems for slight food money.

40-99 Pest Control, spend points on desired skill (beware this will give low Hitpoints so it is advised to periodically put points into hitpoints at lower levels)

30-60 can be done at flesh crawlers on the 2nd level of the stronghold slayer cave in barbarian village. They drop various expensive herbs, fire runes, and noted iron ores.

40-50 Can be done at Sand Crabs/experiments/slayer still for low money high xp

50-70 Can be done at green dragons in the wilderness for bones/hides  (you will get pked some  but you're poor you won't lose anything)

50-70 can also be done safe spotting blue dragons for bones/hides (if you do this I recommend having heroes quest for fast banks with games necklace)

70-80 should be done using mithril bolts and a crossbow in lava land aka karamja dungeon where you get fire cape.

*It should be noted you should only attack Tzhaar-Ket and safe spot them on the lava rocks, closest to the bank is my preferred spot although there are plenty through out the area.

These drop obsidian shields, weapons and capes and made me 3m from 70-80 range.

80-99 range should be done at skeletal wyverns assuming you have 72 slayer. This will provide roughly 700-1m/hr

80-99 can also be done at the tzhaar lava dungeon under karamja volcano as well but it is more advantageous to train slayer to get to skeletal wyverns.

Now for mage, the much much not fun of the two.

For mage if you have no money make sure to start with range and make money that way or kill dragons for quick start up money.

1-50 mage can be done splashing which is relatively cheap and afkable.

1-35 can be done using whichever strike or bolt spell you have available killing flesh crawlers for ranarr and other herb drops.

Once 35 mage has been achieved make sure to get chaos gauntlets from family crest quest, they will make max hit with chaos spells increase by 2 and increase accuracy.

25-55 can be done while creating teleport tabs at a lectern while profiting. (advised to use house teleport in rimmington)

35-80 can be done at blue dragons casting fire bolts and high alching while banking bones and hides (blue dragons drop nature runes which will save you money should you decide to alch)

35-80 can be done at karamja volcano safe spotting tzhaar-ket as done with range for money

40-99 Can be done at pest control (beware of low hitpoints xp, should be noted red salamanders are cost efficient for mage only costing 1 gp per cast and hitting up to 16)

49-55/94 Enchanting shapes at mage training arena (this is borderline free xp use it each time you get a new enchant spell)

Doing this, you can also go into other chambers at the mage training arena and profit by buying the rewards through a lot of tedious work but its cheap (infinity robes/ mage book/master wand = a lot of money)

50-94 Can be done doing barrows minigame, you'll get xp slowly from killing the brothers, but the real key here is getting runes and barrows items to make money to buy burst runes for fast xp.

55-94 high alching is very profitable if you runecraft your nature runes/create your own alchable item. (a lot of people craft there own nature runes and fletch there own yew long bows) when you do this you are getting 100% profit.

66-94 can be done charging air orbs for slow xp but high money making as well.

Final Tip: When training set goals for yourself, this will help keep your mind off xp/hr and keep you in a good state of mind while grinding.

*examples*

Challenges to achieve-

Starting with 10k Chaos Runes kill blue dragons until all runes are gone, and sell bank afterwards.

Kill Flesh Crawlers until at least 100 ranarr's are banked.

Complete 50 Barrows Chests every week.

Alch 1k times and charge air orbs simultaneously and don't stop until all of the alchs are gone.

Take 5k arrows or runes and do pest control until you run out ammo. Spend points on skill.

This is a very rough guide I plan to clean it up more when I have more time.

Keep In mind when reading this, this is Not the fastest way to train, this is not the most fun way to train, but they are cost efficient and a mix of different methods can keep you busy while giving you xp and money! Enjoy

Kev

So, as we know it is imperative that both range tanks and rune pures have roughly 94 range and mage at some point in there pking careers (don't just get 80 range if you're a zerk and be lazy cause that's a requirement). If you're like me, Fremnik, the poorest noob to ever spawn from lumbridge you need to train and make money simultaneously. It is assumed you have enough money for ammo and food.

So first lets start with range, the much easier of the two.

(the real "money" can't be made until around 45-50 range)

1-20 can be done via Horror from the Deep Quest.

20-50 can be done doing slayer which has its own advantages as well later at higher levels.

20-30 can be done safe spotting guards in varrock around rocks by the gate.

30-40 can be done at sand crabs, while picking up caskets/uncut gems for slight food money.

30-60 can be done at flesh crawlers on the 2nd level of the stronghold slayer cave in barbarian village. They drop various expensive herbs, fire runes, and noted iron ores.

40-50 Can be done at Sand Crabs/experiments/slayer still for low money high xp

50-70 Can be done at green dragons in the wilderness for bones/hides  (you will get pked some  but you're poor you won't lose anything)

50-70 can also be done safe spotting blue dragons for bones/hides (if you do this I recommend having heroes quest for fast banks with games necklace)

70-80 should be done using mithril bolts and a crossbow in lava land aka karamja dungeon where you get fire cape.

*It should be noted you should only attack Tzhaar-Ket and safe spot them on the lava rocks, closest to the bank is my preferred spot although there are plenty through out the area.

These drop obsidian shields, weapons and capes and made me 3m from 70-80 range.

80-99 range should be done at skeletal wyverns assuming you have 72 slayer. This will provide roughly 700-1m/hr

80-99 can also be done at the tzhaar lava dungeon under karamja volcano as well but it is more advantageous to train slayer to get to skeletal wyverns.

Now for mage, the much much not fun of the two.

For mage if you have no money make sure to start with range and make money that way or kill dragons for quick start up money.

1-50 mage can be done splashing which is relatively cheap and afkable.

1-35 can be done using whichever strike or bolt spell you have available killing flesh crawlers for ranarr and other herb drops.

Once 35 mage has been achieved make sure to get chaos gauntlets from family crest quest, they will make max hit with chaos spells increase by 2 and increase accuracy.

25-55 can be done while creating teleport tabs at a lectern while profiting. (advised to use house teleport in rimmington)

35-80 can be done at blue dragons casting fire bolts and high alching while banking bones and hides (blue dragons drop nature runes which will save you money should you decide to alch)

35-80 can be done at karamja volcano safe spotting tzhaar-ket as done with range for money

49-55/94 Enchanting shapes at mage training arena (this is borderline free xp use it each time you get a new enchant spell)

Doing this, you can also go into other chambers at the mage training arena and profit by buying the rewards through a lot of tedious work but its cheap (infinity robes/ mage book/master wand = a lot of money)

50-94 Can be done doing barrows minigame, you'll get xp slowly from killing the brothers, but the real key here is getting runes and barrows items to make money to buy burst runes for fast xp.

55-94 high alching is very profitable if you runecraft your nature runes/create your own alchable item. (a lot of people craft there own nature runes and fletch there own yew long bows) when you do this you are getting 100% profit.

66-94 can be done charging air orbs for slow xp but high money making as well.

This is a very rough guide I plan to clean it up more when I have more time.

Keep In mind when reading this, this is Not the fastest way to train, this is not the most fun way to train, but they are cost efficient and a mix of different methods can keep you busy while giving you xp and money! Enjoy

Nice guide, wouldn't really change anything to it.

Veng Speeeed

Great guide fremnik! 

Im sure this will help alot of people!

Thanks man!

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Final Tip: When training set goals for yourself, this will help keep your mind off xp/hr and keep you in a good state of mind while grinding.   *examples*   Challenges to achieve- Starting with 10k Chaos Runes kill blue dragons until all runes are gone, and sell bank afterwards. Kill Flesh Crawlers until at least 100 ranarr's are banked. Complete 50 Barrows Chests every week. Alch 1k times and charge air orbs simultaneously and don't stop until all of the alchs are gone. Take 5k arrows or runes and do pest control until you run out ammo. Spend points on skill.     This is a very rough guide I plan to clean it up more when I have more time. Keep In mind when reading this, this is Not the fastest way to train, this is not the most fun way to train, but they are cost efficient and a mix of different methods can keep you busy while giving you xp and money! Enjoy
Exactly my way of training/thinking bro.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this guide. This will come in handy for a lot of people in the future! 

Tommy
$ DONATOR $

Great guide man lots of effort put into it!

Joseph

I appreciate the amount of effort you put in this man.

Nmz is always my range go to with BP though lol

Snurf
$ DONATOR $

Thanks for sharing, might be usefull :).

Fremnik

I appreciate the amount of effort you put in this man.

Nmz is always my range go to with BP though lol

keep in mind this is the poor man's guide though ;)

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

PabloSenti

useful with people with not a lot of money to spend

5c4rf4c3

Very nice, there's some methods i hadn't heard of on here

Banter

Tbh I would just make the money through zulrah or orbs, or drags then just buy the skill, way more efficiant