Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Tired of welfare voiders? No Problem!

Joseph

In case you boys didn't see this, this was a post on the RS website that i'm basically just reposting bc why the hell not. This is an insane update. Idk how many times I skip targs bc of voiders who risk absolute shit... that's no longer a problem. Untradables will now be dropped as cash and then become broken! BANK WILL BE MADe.

Also, fucking restoration pool in your house with ONLY 65 construction.... meaning no more duel arena duels to get spec back! This update is amazing. Details below.

I've only posted a few of the many topics they posted within the thread, so be sure to read the whole thing and then check back and let everyone know what you think!

Do you like this update? What are your thoughts? Is OS becoming too much like EOC?

{Full Thread}

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?380,381,300,65803604,goto,1

Untradeable items in PvP

Currently, dying with untradeable equipment in the wilderness results in the equipment being dropped to the ground. If you return to where you died, you can simply pick it back up. This means that there is no risk associated with using very powerful untradeable equipment in the wilderness.

In order to make player-vs-player combat slightly more balanced, we are proposing one simple change to the way untradeable equipment in the wilderness works:

If you die with untradeable equipment, when you pick it back up it will be broken and unusable.

You must pay Perdu a small fee (coins) to repair broken equipment to make it usable once more.

75% of that fee is dropped on the ground when you die, rewarding players able to take you down.

25% of that fee is removed from the game, creating a gold sink.

This change ensures that players are properly rewarded for the kills they earn. It also ensures that untradeable equipment is still a viable option in the wilderness, and your time spent earning it is still time well spent.

It will not be any easier for PKers to get their untradeables back, or any harder. They will still be required to run back to where they died to pick up their gear as they would have previously.

This change will only apply within the wilderness and PvP worlds.

The following untradeable equipment will be affected by this change:

Void knight equipment
Barbarian Assault equipment
Fire cape
Defenders
Castle Wars rewards

Wilderness content

The Golden Glory

When charging Amulets of Glory at the Fountain of Rune in the wilderness, you would be given a 1 in 25,000 chance of receiving The Golden Glory.

The Golden Glory is a tradeable Amulet of Glory which has unlimited charges. With its extreme rarity and useful nature, it will be a very desirable item.

Skip target button

When you get a Bounty Hunter target there is no option to skip them. However, logging out and back in can accomplish this.

We would like to streamline this process by adding a button to the Bounty Hunter interface which allows you to skip your target. The same restrictions on skipping targets will still apply, but skipping wouldn't require you to log out.

Dropping items within the wilderness

When death is inevitable and desperation kicks in, players within the wilderness will sometimes drop their items in the hopes of being able to run back in time to pick them up. This undermines the danger the wilderness aims to provide, and circumvents the idea of losing your items on death.

In order to prevent players circumventing death like this, we would like to make items dropped from your inventory within the wilderness appear instantly to everyone.

Items kept on death {finally}

Currently, the items you keep on death are chosen based on the high alchemy value of the items in your inventory and those you have equipped. This can often lead to the higher value items you are holding being dropped to the ground while you keep a low value item with a higher alchemy value.

With the Grand Exchange now in Old School, it is possible for us to make items kept on death use the Grand Exchange value of items rather than the high alchemy value. This would mean you are much more likely to keep the items you'd ideally keep, and wouldn't unexpectedly lose out on a big chunk of your bank.

This change would apply everywhere in Old School RuneScape where items can be lost on death.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Do you like this update? What are your thoughts? Is OS becoming too much like EOC?

I like um! :D This is quality update :D

kushty panda

Lol i voted against this i love void prodding :D

So hyped for the restoration pool though i've literally been thinking for months i wish there was a hp restore in your house.

Am i right in thinking you can just use a crystal saw at 57 construction? Never used one so wasn't sure. Construction supplies are going through the roof !

Kev

Haha I read this already, nice update!

Veng Speeeed

Amazing update i think I actually agree with every one of them lol

Edited by Speeeeed

int 0x80

Ecstatic that dropping voiders actually gets me something now, but man do I wish that restoration pool gave hp as well. Grind from 50 to 65 construction begins.

Miltz

Lol i voted against this i love void prodding :D

So hyped for the restoration pool though i've literally been thinking for months i wish there was a hp restore in your house.

Am i right in thinking you can just use a crystal saw at 57 construction? Never used one so wasn't sure. Construction supplies are going through the roof !

What Dan said. 

Not even gonna bother with con for another month or two, supplies going to be soooooo dear.