Sign in to follow this  
Bender

OP Ancients

Bender

i pk solo at easts a lot using teleblock obviously on normal spellbook. entangle is a hastle and its holding time is halfed if they pray correctly against it. Ancient magic holds are never halfed in time, this means that they can freeze me and log out underneath while i cannot. I think this should be changed to be the same across ancient and normal spellbooks. what do yous think ?

Nunslapper

normals is under-powered, agreed.

Berserker

Normal spells are indeed underpowered, pre-eoc you had the storm of armadyl spell which was really nice, with entangle and TB.. they did something for range, now let them look into mage a little bit :)

Ben
$ DONATOR $

It's not so mage that it's underpowered, it's that the spells have mixed utility compared to Ancients/Lunars/Necromany which all differ. It's like saying "Lunars is underpowered in multi" they all have a different use.

One thing to take note of is that some spells in the normal spellbook have hidden utility, if you were using it for pking in a group which I plan on doing I'll use Flames of Zamorak with Charge, it does a lot of damage and with TSotD can do massive damage HOWEVER the hidden passive to Flames of is it lowers your opponents magic level...

If they're just 94 magic they're going to have to use their super restores early and they're limited to how long they'll last, and if they have brews, can't barrage/veng/tb/blitz they're going to end up cannon fodder which is what I'm counting on, just like whip speccing in deep wild to remove run energy from your opponent it has it's uses, Ancients are just the best overall combat spells since they have the highest hit with the highest magic level requirement for a combat spell. That doesn't mean TB, Entangle, Flames and Charge can't do the job just as well but you'll need a rune pouch and to use more than one ability, there is no higher level entangle, that's just blitz so it's utilizing what you've got.

If they buffed the normal spellbook then people who just splash/alch all day without skilling/doing quests can just never do Desert Treasure, the spell book is a reward for people putting the effort in and not just botting which is what Vengeance are about, thinking outside the box not just being a NMZ prod.

Ancients are the best and 80% pking past edge i'll be using it but there is a 20% slot there for me making use of the normal spell book for more utility.

Veng Speeeed

agreed normal spellbooks freezes are shit 

Miltz

Only reason for norms is TB. More of a skill enhancing spell book/quality of life (tele and alchs etc). Ancients however is deffo made for PVP. No doubt.

Edited by Miltz

PK Your Pure

ancients is definitely OP but I think normal spellbook should be underpowered in comparison because it makes people need to do DT and get the requirements if they want any decent magics

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

normals is under-powered, agreed.

âgreed

Ima Zerk

I definitely value the ancient spellbook more than anything else when i'm in the wilderness. Although the normal spellbook does have it's uses as well, they're just not as prevalent for the wilderness!

SirMirza

Hmm good point tho, hard to leave an opinion for this one

Bender

if the only change were that all freezes are halfed if protection is on that would a good enough of a balancing buff, no change to the spellbook