Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticMeme

R.I.P GPU? Need IT help

ChaoticMeme

Hey guys i got a problem with my desktop computer. If someone have tried this or has any solutions please let me know ! :(

My PC is about 5 years old now living on its last days. I made it myself and i gave around 2,7k $ for it so the hardware is still kinda up to date. It's been broken a few times but i've managed to repair it everytime, but now i fear that its my GPU thats the issue.

It started about 1 month ago, i was playing runescape as my pc got barraged and froze, so i turned it off. When i turned it back on the screen appears as usual telling me it failed to start. [Pic1]

http://imgur.com/T99x2RK

But there was this kind of glitchy / flimmer overlay on the screen that wouldnt dissapear. it looked kinda like in this GIF:

http://imgur.com/vY5Fcaj

I could start it in Safe mode also with internet and cmd, but when i tried to start windows normally  i got blue screen of death

http://imgur.com/eDTEeEz

I tried to run a virus scan with bullguard but only found 1 thread, nothing much. Now i finally  got  my Windows 7 CD back from my friend so i tried to reinstall windows, but now i cant  get a signal to my moniter. I've both tried diffrent HDMI cables and diffrent  monitors, nothing works.

If anyone has an idea of what i could try before buying something please let me know :D

Esca

not really sure man, gl finding out

Masterminds
$ DONATOR $

I think it's a malware/virus, system restore your computer while in safe mode? or get a restore disk?

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

I don't think it has to do with virus/malware but with your hardware like you said it yourself. I had a similar issue like you a couple of months ago and it basically was my 850W corsair power source - so I removed the Power Source and Video Card (cuz of the required power) and replaced it with my previous ones and everything worked back like charm, at least for playing runescape that is :).

Do you still have the old VGA port to connect to a monitor? Sometimes HDMI ports can fuck up. 

PS: I'm not an experienced computer tech guy, I just Google stuff and do it myself without knowing shit really hahaha.

Miltz

I don't think it has to do with virus/malware but with your hardware like you said it yourself. I had a similar issue like you a couple of months ago and it basically was my 850W corsair power source - so I removed the Power Source and Video Card (cuz of the required power) and replaced it with my previous ones and everything worked back like charm, at least for playing runescape that is :).

Do you still have the old VGA port to connect to a monitor? Sometimes HDMI ports can fuck up. 

PS: I'm not an experienced computer tech guy, I just Google stuff and do it myself without knowing shit really hahaha.

My family think I'm a fucking genius because of Google!

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

My family think I'm a fucking genius because of Google!

Hahahah IKR! :D

ChaoticMeme

Haha that description also fits me well :b Thanks, i'll try it out... or maybe its just  time to move on and buy a new pc :/ can get same specs for half the price now a days :D