Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

smished

Recording & GIFing with Exilent, Then Rendering With Vegas

smished
$ DONATOR $

Hey!

I know a few of us already record using various different software, though in honesty I have found that Exilent's built in recorder to be super reliable and have excellent quality when rendered.

A great benefit of using Exilent is that I can still use any additional overlays that I like and the recorder has the option to remove them, so the raw MP4 is clean of player indicators/ground items/tb timers ETC resulting in a clean vid.

An example to show you side by side what I see in game but what the recording shows...

In Game

6d6ffea71500ff79fde35762a9609d6b.png

Recording

2020.12.21_00-52-58.png

Setting up

Exilent recording is super easy to set up. So first, click Settings in the top right of your Exilent client and click Recorder on the right side ribbon.

You of course want to be recording in 50 FPS (Max) High Quality. You can amend the amount of overlays in the drop down to no overlays at all, basic overlays or all overlays. 

97991691057d298b3266b56d7493abfe.png

I like using basic overlays as it still shows player bars in the top left, boost info and xp drops. Auto save recordings (duh) and record your mouse. You ain't a ghost. Choose your save path and VOILA.

Now whenever you need to record, head to the top bar of your client, hit recorder and start (or F9 if lazy). Easy as that.

92f463ce32f7b36dd8904543d59e039d.png

Once you are done recording and wish to view the files hit Tools > Media Browser (F8).

fafd6df1d3e9bf7106fa4bb24c580506.png

Here is the real juice. You can view all your Exilent recordings in one place. You can create GIFS, take screenshots and also upload to imgur in the browser.

97cb33086ddcd250bdc3e4d9b91cfd03.png

See below a video tutorial on how to use the Exilent client to create easy GIFs. I do this live to show you the basics so you don't have to go guessing.

Obtaining Sony Vegas...

For the best gains you can find a FREE Sony Vegas Crack guide in the spoiler below - one of the best editing software suites available. (Taking no responsibility if anything occurs to your PC as a result of this but after using same crack on 3x machines, been safe for me)

Spoiler

Using Sony Vegas

You only need to follow these next steps if you plan on using Sony Vegas to render your clips. First, I have a few things set up to make life easier for me. A few shortcuts, if you will.

I created myself a template with all the correct render settings that also includes the intro, chat and inventory overlay. As soon as I start my project and open Vegas, this is what i'm faced with.

ca918e39ffda37fc364c1d602e005a7f.png?wid

To do this you simply create a new File with the your saved render settings (see below spoiler). Add in your consistent images such as Veng intro, invent cover and chat cover, then hit File > Save as. I have mine as a shortcut on my desktop so I legit double click the shortcut and the above image pops up straight away instantly with all my render settings pre loaded.

If you don't follow these steps you will soon find that 3/4 of the time you spend making a video will be used dicking around making sure these are all sized/timed correctly. Make the template once, be consistant and use it every time. Honestly, you'll thank me.

Below in the spoiler are my actual Vegas render settings. Feel free to copy them - I find that using these gives me the best quality render available to me.

Spoiler

200ba6a78bb32af3501c577a5b8e4eb7.png?wid

e92987494624e4417abb07f91aaab749.png?wid

6a1a7cce101ec2bf3853b703cbe3d9cc.png?wid

Once you have created the render template, make sure to save it and favourite it! That way it's a one click option to render every time. Again, we aren't fucking around here. We're saving time for quick uploads and ease of doing it.

755aeaa2f71656749f145196dae5fc29.png

A few Vegas tips....

Hitting S on your keyboard splits the media and allows you to move it.

When you place your video in the track, right click it > switches > uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio". This should remove black bars.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=462&height=676

You can do easy transitions by overlapping video media. Then right click the overlap > Fade Type > select the type of fade you like. Quick in, quick out, etc.

Spoiler

0cb4b5e8331f87708c679139a2e2a3c2.png?width=998&height=676

In the Video Event FX option (little crop icon on top right of media), make sure to uncheck Maintain aspect ratio under source. You can also hold shift for smooth resizing instead of it snapping to screen.

Music choice is super important. To make it easier, I find the track on spotify, get the link on youtube then use an MP3 Converter and download the raw file. Then a simple drag drop on to my audio track slots the media in perfectly.

You can speed clips up in Vegas by holding CTRL, hovering over the end of the video file and dragging. You'll see a ~ line and it'll say "Time Stretch" when you're successful.

Spoiler

unknown.png

You can fade in on both video and music files. Just hover over the start or end of the media and you'll see a semicircle appear that you can drag in. To take this up a notch, you can follow an earlier step and right click > Fade Type and select the type of fade you want. These affect the pitch/volume of the music as you fade in/out. My favourite and go-to for both in and out is the 3rd choice down.

Spoiler

85b00b1f9946803f68c98d748e2391fb.png

See below my POV when creating an OSRS Video using some of the tips I noted above. This includes using a template, slicing, resizing, speeding up and adding music. The literal basics any downy can use to make a vid and make it look absolutely bonza.

There may be some known ( @Local_News ) or unknown Sony Vegas GODS in here so if you have any handy Vegas wisdom to share, please feel free to comment and i'll update the list. 

I hope this at least helps someone new take the dip in to recording & media, or show someone who has been struggling to get it right how easy it can be. The more people recording, the less juice missed, the better we look to the public and the more active the Vengeance Youtube Channel will be!

Either way, i'm always available for live help on discord, just hl me @ smished#7777.

Edited by smished

Teal

Sick fucking guide man thanks a ton

smished
$ DONATOR $
2 minutes ago, Teal said:

Sick fucking guide man thanks a ton

:* 

Alex

thanks bro

syckness

DOPE ASS FUCK! Pinned to the top!

Milky

Lots of great info, all you people bragging about having 2k computers have no excuse.

Grey_Wolf

Very detailed guide mate! I didnt know about these settings in exilent. I'm using camtasia but I have movie studio 16 from vegas which looks the same as yours in your vid.

Akrr

Fuckibg love it

Raiikz

nice guide !  +1

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

you da man

Connor

super helpful man