Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

How to make a quality video

As of lately, most videos of PKRIS/cwas/scraps/basically any type of event have been of people from the rank team.

I thought it would be useful to make a guide on how to efficiently make a quality video with as little time wasted as possible so more people can make videos of their favourite events in vengeance. 

This guide will not be long, ill divide it into subsections and go through it rather quick, if you need further help you can just PM me.

Recording

The recording software I use is OBS, its free and theres a download link below. It allows you to vid and stream but the main use is its ability to catch multiple scenes and the ability to set your quality.

Why is this useful? 

As can be seen below I made a Scene called OSRS vid (basically just a broad composition of multiple things) which has my runelite screen in Sources AND the Vengeance Banner as a GIF in the Sources too.

Why is this good? Well i do not have to edit in the banner using an editing software, I just added the Veng banner as an Image to my sources and told OBS to record my Runelite client + the veng banner but I put the veng banner on top. The only editing I have to do is cut the video, add the intro and add some music if I make a full video. If i choose to just clip a certain part it will look 10x better with an animated banner + it's easier to clip (because you will not have to manually hide the chatbox, which you should considering we get into rivalries here and there).

tYqrWg4.png

Settings

These are my output settings, everything should be the same except the ENCODER part, I set it to NVIDIA but thats because I have an NVIDIA graphics card, if you do not just select the default

pfGu3Qt.png

Video settings

MrFYqaQ.png

Advanced

cD77GS9.png

In audio you can also add your headset + mic to pickup audio.

Fitting your client

Your client should have black bars on the sides for loottrackers and other unnecessary stuff. You want to cut these out, this vid shows how to properly cut the client bars out so your recording only records your actual screen. Note: He uses ALT/SHIFT + click/drag to fit his screen.

After doing this you just go to scenes > click the plus sign > Add image > veng banner. Fit it or resize it over your chat box and it then click the little lock so you never move it around. Clicking the "eye" icon makes it invisible.

Adding the veng banner

2AY8nqR.png

Sources:

OBS download link

https://obsproject.com/

Intro Download Link

Video banner Download link

Edited by 1720

Schweden

good guide

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Thx papa mesh 

syckness

nice one! ill try once eventhou i think my shitty pc won't run everything at once

Thomas

896e4779d728342d12f1d745daab169c.png

acf3c3ee0632b2e4e1f1adbc6977ba68.png

c33299170d374127ca2cecb332a6646c.png

Akrr

legend!

Origen
$ DONATOR $

So ez literally.

Origen
$ DONATOR $
25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Snake.

syckness
47 minutes ago, Thomas said:

exposeeddd haha

MedAccount

Very detailed, nice job, thanks

listen yall exposing me but im just spreading info so people stop making vids like zewy where theres 5 black bars and the banner doesnt cover the chatbox 😂 @Thomas @Origen @syckness