Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Local_News

2020 Clan Wars Gear Guide

Local_News

"Hey what gear are we using for the CWA?"

Hopefully somebody just linked you this topic. You should be able to Control + F and search your account build to find your gear set quick.

There are two styles of Clan Wars fights that we participate in.

Single Spells: Cheaper gear sets, the max gear allowed is rune/granite, mystics, and blessed d hides. ZGS / tent whip are the only +1 weapons allowed. 

Multi Spells: Any GP Value equipment goes, bust out the best gear you have that requires 55 defence or lower. No Barrows or Crystal shields, but its time to grab the third age. Any tier of weapon goes, time to flex that Kodai or Rapier.

** Depending on who we are fighting, they may ask for spears/scims to be off in multi spells. In single spells, having a spear is required for all except 99 attack zerks with a scim. The spell Vengeance may also be enabled in single spells vs. certain teams, in which case you may want a rune pouch when DPSing. **

Onto the builds, starting with Single Spells:

75 Attack Zerk

0pEyLca.png

99 Attack Zerk:

U9M1s1k.png

Med Level / Range Tank with Mage:

R5eU3iw.png

Med Level DPS:

bhOtRIc.png

Multi Spells:

Zerks

ruADqVY.png

We mostly fight against pure clans in multi spells. This makes a 75 attack zerker fine to bring a scim spec (if they allow us to use scims). It's good to have two melee DPS bring Rapiers for being the north/south or east/west melee camps. If a D Scim spec lands, that opens your target up to all range dps and elder maul hits from your teammates for several seconds, which is FAR more damage than any AGS spec could have done. Grab your chins for when I start word vomiting "CLUMP"

Med Levels:

5F1z1TR.png

Acting on advice from the king of clan wars in this clan's history Siege, there is honestly zero reason our med levels shouldn't have tribrid. You're more versatile, with plenty of supplies. You can AGS Spec a 70 in the setup above with no cape on, so camping that occult is totally fine. We'll have way more mage for clumps, leading to less survivors when I'm calling that 6 man clump. (Thats totally the best time to fly in with your spec though)

Dagon Hai is not required. 3rd Age Mage > Dagon Hai > Infinity Robes > Light Mystic > christ you're poor stop staking

Range Tanks:

Q1sm1UN.png

Tanks using Fire Surge:

2F5YGui.png

You can grab a brimstone ring vs mains, or a seers vs pures - but everyone should always have a suffering. The recoil damage is insane, with great stats too.

If you're surging on a med, grab AGS to gif some kids.

Feel free to swap an ACB or DCB With Dragon opal bolts (e) in any of the setups with a ballista.

Feel free to swap Toxic Staff to a Kodai.

I didn't include gear sets for snipe freezers because if you're snipe freezing you hopefully don't need a gear guide by now.

Bitseach

Good post. Except Kodai>toxic in cwa for tanks. Higher mage bonus. 

Edited by Bitseach

Local_News
2 minutes ago, Bitseach said:

Good post. Except Kodai>toxic in cwa for tanks. Higher mage bonus. 

I just didn't have one, figured anyone with a kodai would grab that over sotd ;)

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Thank you for this blessed post will :wub:

Akrr

nice guide bro, this is my setup

50/50 i dont bring range and have extra brew

ff6b34e7437d5153350ce3b4a6fbd7fd.png

Schweden
44 minutes ago, Akrr said:

nice guide bro, this is my setup

50/50 i dont bring range and have extra brew

ff6b34e7437d5153350ce3b4a6fbd7fd.png

This gear right here is good, U dont need 4 karambs + 4 super restores, i wouldnt even bother either to bring a avas just for that extra supply inventory.

great guide tho. 

SPEARFlSHER

Some effort put into this, good work Local

Origen
$ DONATOR $

Great guide my friend Will

Edgication

Eyyy, such a good post thank you

Local_News
7 hours ago, Schweden said:

This gear right here is good, U dont need 4 karambs + 4 super restores, i wouldnt even bother either to bring a avas just for that extra supply inventory.

great guide tho. 

I only add the avas for range tanks as I felt since they can't melee, they should grab all the +damage they can. And if you're in the backline maging/ballista, you don't really need every last supply that much

Personally I need 4 restores pretty much every single round, most of the time with good positioning I go without deaths most rounds - unless its someone we know, in which case I get camped a shit ton lol. So for me, I bring 2 karambs and four restores, just tried to make it more even for the average person I guess

syckness

Verry well put together my friend! This will help allot of newer cwa’ers out!

a guide on how north/south, easy/west melee camping and how to possition where and why should be nice as well!q

although it will be a hard task to explain this on paper!

thanks for this guide!