Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sybren

The State of PvP

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

This blog will give you an insight into our plans for PvP including content changes, events, and future poll questions.

View the full article

Origen
$ DONATOR $

These updates could be game changing for the PvP aspects of the game.

Especially the nerf to Black d' hide armour & the overhead prayers potentially being buffed (which I disagree with. Will have a massive effect on single teams).

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

Ah yes the game changing game changes 😂

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

F2P TELEBLOCKS @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

but more importantly CWA UPDATES (Potential!)

b3mERsu.png

ytsb

None of this will actually revive the wilderness but it's a step in the right direction!

Sparke

I'm going to state my opinion here.

The state of PvP is currently not a good state of mind.

First they introduced DMM people bitched and complained about how things weren't fair and that teams were having a advantage to solo players well as a result they increased the pj timer to prevent that people still weren't happy people complained about mules and multiloggers in tournaments and SDMM they fixed it. This was the first step into trying to revive the pvp community.

2nd they introduced last man standing. It was fun at first then people started complaining about it having issues with prayer so they fixed it where it wasn't just a pray flick fight. this was the 2nd time trying to revive pvp community.

3rd Introduction to Bounty Hunter worlds. Bringing BH back the community thought that it would make the wilderness more active but it didn't up until the release of mobile when mobile was released osrs seen a huge player spike in new players joining. People complained about boxing/pjers/single teams. jagex fixed the problem yet again trying to keep bh alive. I don't honestly believe that the rework of BH is going to save anything. I just feel like they are just wasting time on reworking bounty hunter because they players are still going to bitch and moan about anything and everything.

4. Changed PvP world pj timers to be like DMM, After people complained about people/teams abusing doors and spec trading.. Jagex Fixed it.

5.F2p Teleblock? What are we doing going back to pre eoc where it was f2p? I understand the point and would like to see if stay p2p but at the same time I see the argument is that trying to revive the f2p pking community by adding teleport block? I don't see this working as the f2p pking community is dead as hell.

6. Buff Black dhide? Why? hows it so OP? I wouldn't like to see some whale in salad robes with water staff and no mage bonus catching freezes on me? when you're risking more then the other player?

7. Overhead prayer buff? Is this a joke or what hows is this needing to be reworked? why cause people are trash don't know how tick system works? Not my fault F3 LOC?

I completely understand that jagex said at runefest 4 years ago that they were going to rework pvp and its functions but failed to after putting it off adding HCIM and other massive updates (granted they are good) I felt as if they didn't care about the pvp community as it's state of mind. Jagex was more focused on other updated rather then doing what they said they were going to do. Torvesta bitched about how they never kept to their word on anything yet he gets all this negative feedback about how terrible of a person he is and so on which I thinks complete trash. I don't see this helping much of the community at all, I would rather see the craters again where real BH day were..