Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
OmfgDevin

I'm so torn

OmfgDevin

Currently my stats are as follows:

52 att

65 str

41 def

92 range

94 magic

44prayer

82 hp

82 combat.

I do not currently own a main and don't currently plan on making one.  This account is either going zerk med or range tank.  

Honestly I'm leaning towards range tank, the main reason I haven't trained defense is because I only really have two sources of income.  

Revs and wilderness slayer.  Revs are fucking crazy now and I don't really want more combat levels to make that more complicated.  So basically I plan on going range tank but don't really want to commit yet.  I also wanted your guys opinions because I plan on getting to know the community here.

Thank you in advance.

Genesis

If you don't have a main and are not planning on making one I suggest Med/Zerk over ranged tank. Pking wise ranged tanks are great, but you limit yourself bigtime in every other aspect of the game.

Devotee
$ DONATOR $

i like med builds

Ouija

med best overall to do everything

Connor

Med build is the most diverse. Don't be challenging me for my title though ;)

Euthanize

For ur case and high tier pvm, range tank wud b ur bet. But med buold is the most versatile build which gives u best of all worlds

Avidius

Med , ranged tank, or zerk

See our requirements section for build requirements

If u gimmicky got one account — meds are very flexible and are good at pretty much everything

Edited by Avidius

Zwaps

If you plan on bossing, I'd say tank just because the defense is useful and you can range or mage almost all bosses effectively these days. Meds can boss as well, but being limited to 70-75 def means that you will be hit much more often than a tank. 

If I were in your position, I'd consider which aspects of the game I appreciate most. Do I like being able to drop big boy ags specs or do I not mind missing out on melee? If the former is the case, go med. If the ladder, go tank.

Zerks are great for pvping but aren't really viable for a lot of bossing without some level of sacrifice. I'm a zerk but I use a main account for all of my bossing because it just isn't as fun sucking brews all of the time. Up to you though man. Best of luck with your decision and training.

Genesis

I disagree with people saying Ranged Tank is best for high lvl pvm. You cannot do raids 1 or 2 with a ranged tank (unless someone is willing to take you on as a leech), and you cannot do 1/2 of the GWD bosses solo. You also cannot do all 3 DKS solo effectively. That's just off the top of my head. There's no going back once you go for a build so choose carefully.

And if the argument is "then I just won't solo", then the raids problem still stands which is the highest tier of PvM you can do.

Robbert

As a zerk I only recommend zerk :x

Trouserdevil

If you plan on bossing, I'd say tank just because the defense is useful and you can range or mage almost all bosses effectively these days. Meds can boss as well, but being limited to 70-75 def means that you will be hit much more often than a tank. 

If I were in your position, I'd consider which aspects of the game I appreciate most. Do I like being able to drop big boy ags specs or do I not mind missing out on melee? If the former is the case, go med. If the ladder, go tank.

Zerks are great for pvping but aren't really viable for a lot of bossing without some level of sacrifice. I'm a zerk but I use a main account for all of my bossing because it just isn't as fun sucking brews all of the time. Up to you though man. Best of luck with your decision and training.