Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Zevenge

Concerns regarding my keylog through Skype for those affected

Zevenge

Hello everyone, Zevenge with some upsetting news concerning some of the services I have done recently in the past two days. I found out that one of the persons I did service for had lost their items after talking with them on my account. Roughly about an hour of login attempts after getting kicked off RuneScape to discover that my e-mail accounts had been compromised via Skype through a keylogger. It was due to my ignorance of not knowing when you click on Skype images and files that they can put keyloggers on them. Roughly two days ago I had a client from the cc(rsn unidentified as he hadn't given it to me yet because he said he wanted one at another time in the future). I clicked on an image of his gear and inventory for caves prior to him asking if it was an alright setup. The file didn't open so I assumed it was nothing. Come to find out it really wasn't nothing at all but the worse, a keylogger. I have a list of the following players that may have been affected prior to the download and some NEED TO DO's(highly recommended to do for securing your account further after this incident) for those who were affected.

Players possibly affected(chronological order to dates of services from recent to former):

Most Hated

Snurf This

Rusty Nails

Breeezing

If you have been affected via this keylog, here are the following steps that I advise for you to keep your account safe further in the future and from the keylogger in order to which is the best solution:

1. System Restore your Computer

2. Change your RuneScape password and e-mail

3. Talk to any in game NPC RuneScape banker at a bank to get a bank pin

4. Setup an authenticator for your account via an Authenticator application through your phone

Rant: I was also affected as I had lost the 14M that I earned by spending hours upon hours getting the Fire Capes and Torsos for people to end up with nothing and this enormous pressure of being distrusted within the Clan Chat/Forums. Not only was my Skype profile compromised but my E-mails, RS accounts, and Vengeance account as well(they deleted my guide which I spent over 6 hours editing and researching to help others on their road to making their rune pure/zerker account, Under Constr was able to salvage most of it with his skills though but still at the time I thought it was completely gone). I feel really bad as well for those who were affected so far and for those listed to be all affected because I personally don't like to mess with people's progress or gains as I would feel like shit if I actually were to do the act because I have well rounded morals towards other people and like to help others out the best of my ability. Although the evidence supported against me currently or possibly in the future might be against my odds there's no reason that I would attempt to come back in the clan if I were to do such a thing to people. The time frame given between the services is in my favor, however if those who did not change their password in this time frame after my services were done you most likely were affected unfortunately. I wish I was rich on RuneScape to pay those affected back in full, but even if I were to not be a victim of this occurrence I only HAD 14M which was all earned through doing services for people through the cc. I'm going to up my security and how I do my services if I'm still eligible under the ranks permission to continue, and have certain requirements to meet before doing ANY services for anyone, to better deal with problems like this if they were to occur using my old methods for future services. Thank you all for reading, I'm truly sorry to hear that this has happened to someone, and hope others have not been affected(at the time of this post currently only Most Hated has been affected via talking to him) I hope you guys understand the situation and believe what I have to say in my defense, I only meant to help the clan Vengeance grow by helping others in the cc by doing not only services for them but by aiding them with their questions(I answer a lot of questions in cc), and I planned to join the clan after being able to afford the requirements to join, which unfortunately now will be harder to do since I got rekt as well. Again I apologize for the misfortune that my methods has brought to those affected.   -_-  -_-  -_- 

EDIT: Recommended to always read through the entire post + comments as some members of the forum/cc have some tips and recommendations to further help secure your account and your computer further than I have provided.

Banter

Please get rank before doing peoples fire capes and what not, sorry for the misfortune.

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

If you don't have any Anti-Virus I highly recommend you to use the following softwares (free versions):

1. ​Malwarebytes
  2. CCleaner

Scan/Clean your computer with them. Keep those software up and running afterwards. They're free and they're good!

Tips:

1. EVERYONE that has a smartphone should use an Authenticator for Runescape and your e-mailaccount.
  2. ALWAYS make sure your password to Runescape = different to other sites/games/mails.
  3. ALWAYS check the source of links/images that people are sharing with you (most of the times you just have to right click option it and check the full URL).
  4. ALWAYS change your password after somebody did an ingame service for you.

mitzz

hit me up if u still need the virus or keylogger removed i can do this for you.

vengMatt
$ DONATOR $

ah man i feel for you, TO THOSE WHO COULD HAVE BEEN AFFECTED ACT FAST!!!

mitzz

hit me up if u still need the virus or keylogger removed i can do this for you.

BTW: hit me up with the details of the guy i will fuck him over.

Voids Hope
$ DONATOR $

remember why i dont let players type account details. 

skype and other com softwares are never 100% safe 

hope this wont get you any troubles

Snurf
$ DONATOR $

remember why i dont let players type account details. 

skype and other com softwares are never 100% safe 

hope this wont get you any troubles

PabloSenti

gl all those affected

Trouserdevil

Sorry to hear that this happened, I hope the damage to the accounts you posted about is minimal to nonexistent. Good luck on the rebuild zevenge.

Nurf This

sry u got keyllogged bro my alt got cleaned but only had 5mil max on it thats like nothing to me, thx for fire cape and torso lemme know if u need money to start over