Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
Connor

Champions league final 2018

Connor

So Liverpool made it through to face Real Madrid :o

Who do you guys think will take it?

Personally I think Madrid will win, they haven't been great but I think they'll ride their luck yet again. Liverpool will be the better team I but still reckon they'll lose.

Origen
$ DONATOR $

The game all comes down to the midfield in Madrid. If Casemiro/Kroos/Modric are able to control the pace of the game and build up an attack, the game will be over. For me it look's like Real Madrid are stronger in every aspect if you compare them to Liverpool. Liverpool can pretty much only hope, that their front-three does wonders (which they have shown multiple times they can), but do they have what it take to outscore against the arguably best team in the world? They have yet to prove that.

It is also worth mentioning, that both teams are playing with a massive goal in mind. Real Madrid have won Champions League two times in a row now and can possibly make it the third. They beat the record of being the first team to win it twice in a row - making it three would be absolutely insane and the players are probably well aware of that.

On the other hand we got Liverpool, whose last Champions League Final took place in 2007 and have struggled in international football ever since, pretty much. This season have been absolutely incredible for them and a player such as M. Salah can prove himself possibly the best player in the world if he takes on this trophy. 

But with all this being said, Liverpool as of now, is just a Real Madrid v2 with worse players. They pretty much play with the same philosophy. Liverpool will be to tame the beast from the capital of Spain, but they need to have the luck on their side. 

Origen
$ DONATOR $

Something I forgot to mention is the power of the substitutes where Real Madrid is being dealt the upper hand. 

Benzema may be in the start-eleven, but if he doesn't prove himself in the first half, he's gonna get the kick and Asensio/Vazquez will fly in from the bench.

If you look at Liverpools bench, I don't really see something, who could be a game changer in the 70+ minutes. 

Origen
$ DONATOR $

Sorry Connor, but Liverpool won't be able to take on this beast. (Comes from a hardcore Barca fan)

Connor

The game all comes down to the midfield in Madrid. If Casemiro/Kroos/Modric are able to control the pace of the game and build up an attack, the game will be over. For me it look's like Real Madrid are stronger in every aspect if you compare them to Liverpool. Liverpool can pretty much only hope, that their front-three does wonders (which they have shown multiple times they can), but do they have what it take to outscore against the arguably best team in the world? They have yet to prove that.

It is also worth mentioning, that both teams are playing with a massive goal in mind. Real Madrid have won Champions League two times in a row now and can possibly make it the third. They beat the record of being the first team to win it twice in a row - making it three would be absolutely insane and the players are probably well aware of that.

On the other hand we got Liverpool, whose last Champions League Final took place in 2007 and have struggled in international football ever since, pretty much. This season have been absolutely incredible for them and a player such as M. Salah can prove himself possibly the best player in the world if he takes on this trophy. 

But with all this being said, Liverpool as of now, is just a Real Madrid v2 with worse players. They pretty much play with the same philosophy. Liverpool will be to tame the beast from the capital of Spain, but they need to have the luck on their side. 

Any other season i'd of agreed with you but I think Liverpool are looking better than Madrid in an attacking sense this year, Madrid only managed to beat Bayern through capitalizing on their errors when Bayern really should've been through. I think it'll be a similar story for Liverpool in the final as they've been prone to an error or two. It'll all come down to Madrids individuals snatching a lucky goal or two imo.

Origen
$ DONATOR $

Any other season i'd of agreed with you but I think Liverpool are looking better than Madrid in an attacking sense this year, Madrid only managed to beat Bayern through capitalizing on their errors when Bayern really should've been through. I think it'll be a similar story for Liverpool in the final as they've been prone to an error or two. It'll all come down to Madrids individuals snatching a lucky goal or two imo.

Madrid had the luck on their side, when they advanced to the final against Bayern - I totally agree with that, but when that is said, you can't help really argue against Ronaldo doing Ronaldo-type-things. He is able to win a game by his own. Compare this to Liverpools biggest start right now, M. Salah - he's as I said earlier, yet to prove himself. There is a lot on the line for the two biggest stars of the two respective teams, due to the fact Ballon d'Or is pretty much given to whatever player wins Champions League. 

Brandon
$ DONATOR $

I'm gonna say Liverpool because they sound cooler than Real Madrid

Joseph

Basketball

Collins6378

Ronaldo is going to walk straight through Liverpool’s defence.. but personally I think Liverpool are going to flop with the pressure!

spicywings

It would be much more epic for Liverpool fans. So I hope they will become champions this year.