Vengeance (2016-2021) is currently closed.

Sign in to follow this  
kushty panda

EFFICIENT ARMADYL GUIDE FOR RANGE TANKS!

kushty panda

Been a long time coming, I REALLY want to grind out the Kree pet with maybe like 4-5 other people in veng who want to come regularly. Limited what I can explain in a topic without a video + commentary but i'll give it a shot :) Feel free to link this post to anyone. 

This guide is for a trio, with maxed or almost maxed stats - or a 4/5-man team if you all have 75 defence and 90 range or something. 

IN THE LONG RUN THIS AVERAGES 1M+ GP/HR WHILST GRINDING FOR THE BEST PET IN THE GAME! :D

P.S. If you're not familiar with GWD, you will get to grips with all of this after like 1 or 2 trips, as long as everyone you're with is coordinated, helps to be on TS at first. 

I'm literally ganna type this out step-by-step, the same way that i'd be thinking about what to do in my head, so it's ganna be long af lol. 

I'll jump right in:

STATS:

Recommended:

90+ Defence

95+ Range

75+ Prayer

90+ HP

84+ Magic (Lunars)

Minimum:

75+ Defence

90+ Range

44+ Prayer

Anything below the recommended stats won't really be worth doing regularly, maybe for fun or if you're on task.

GEAR:

(Kree's magic attack rolls off of your RANGED Defence. So you want to keep Range Def bonus as high as possible, without losing too much Range Att bonus). This is why you should never use void even if you're a zerk.

2vCaw1R.png

Ely>DFS>Dragon sq

Verac's helm>Serp helm

Anguish>Fury

Pegs>God boots

Range cape (t)>AVAS>untrimmed range cape

Armadyl armour>Blessed hide

ACB>Rune Cbow

Diamond bolts (e) always.

Archer's ring (i)>Ring of Suffering>Ring of Wealth

If you're at an Arma Mass or something, then bring your highest Ranged Att gear. So Odium ward, Arma helmet, Avas.

INVENTORY:

(You may want to play around with the ratio of brews to restores, depending on your stats and can be dependent on RNG).

QabwtkG.png

Inside the rune pouch are Waters, Earths + Astrals for casting pot share (will explain later).

KILLCOUNT OR KEY?:

(Key if you're on task so you don't waste aviansie kills getting KC, otherwise always get KC - it's a static 15 mins and you don't lose any supplies.)

1. Once you tele to Trollheim, climb down the first rock-face (directly NW) and then run towards the GWD entrance on the minimap. You don't need to climb down any other obstacles (people always waste time doing that).

2. Use the agility shortcut instead of pushing the big rock (it's faster). Equip your unholy symbol.

3. Prayer-flick the wolves and climb down into GWD.

4. Go south of the rope, equip your mith grapple and shoot it at the obstacle.

5. Equip diamond bolts, drop the mith grapple, equip Blowpipe.

6. Look at the level 73 and level 79 aviansies that spawn right at the grapple shortcut (see below).

saIwhmT.png

PRAYER FLICK and kill these fuckers 20 times each for your 40 KC. You can also turn prayer off completely, and just drop some brews, pick up their bones and use Bones to Peaches tabs to heal back up to full hp, don't forget to pick your brews up off the floor afterwards. They also drop swordfish sometimes and you can use your BP spec to heal. 

QUICK-PRAYERS:

(5% def prayer if you have 4+ and 15% if you're duo - ALWAYS PRAYER FLICK EAGLE EYE)

B0fLIzr.png

POSITIONING:

(You need to make a wide triangle around Kree, so that the melee minion has to walk a long way to get to the next person. The melee minion will get stuck when he changes his mind about who to go for, and starts walking around in circles without attacking anyone.)

Check the vid at the bottom.

JUGGLING FOOD:

When you get extra food drops or bones without inventory spaces, drop them in a line and remember to pick them up and drop them again every so often so they don't disappear. You have to continuously do this for almost the whole trip. This extends how many kills you get in a trip by a shit load.

POT SHARE:

You have to coordinate this, you can either have 1 or 2 people using it. If there are 6 range pots between two of you, you can get 12 pots worth out of them. So it uses 1 dose for both of you. Also works with Super restores so wait for your friend to brew down and you can restore him, and yourself at the same time with 1 dose. Obviously this can almost double your supplies for a trip and you'll get way more kills if you coordinate it properly.

MINIONS:

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART TO GET RIGHT IMO.

1st guy: If the melee minion is on you, then pray melee, and attack the melee minion. Prayer flick your melee protect prayer.

2nd guy: If the melee minion is NOT on you, then you need to QUICKLY attack either the mage or range minion.

3rd guy: If the melee minion is NOT on you, you need to attack the last minion that nobody is attacking.

This way nobody ever takes damage from the minions. You need to be really quick and make sure you all have one minion each attacking you, and that 2 minions are not on the same person. If you prayer flick the minions you won't lose any prayer either. 

Use your blowpipe specs on the mage minion as this one has the lowest range defence. 

FINAL NOTE:

The success of these trips is all about how many kills you can get in one trip. Don't worry about getting a hilt in your first trip and all that stuff, focus on getting 30+ kills a trip, then 40+ kills a trip etc as you get better. It's all about making your 200k of supplies go as far as they can.

Once you've got all this down and you can put in a trip a day, the big drops will roll in :)

Happy hunting.

-

The guys in this video are all on task so their setups are different, it's also outdated af so there are better ways of doing it now, but watch how they're juggling, positioning, prayer flicking, dealing with minions etc. They get an arma chainskirt + arma hilt like halfway through.

Edited by kushty panda

tankinson

Good guide mate makes me deff want to get the reqs for it

Veng Speeeed

Sick guide dan mate

PlXELHUNGRY

nice guide bro :o

Ebony Chins

Nice guide! We also need a guide for zerks  :kappa: 

I Sam I
$ DONATOR $

Nice guide dude, I'd come with ya but I'm rarely online

Sybren
$ DONATOR $

Great Guide Dannny boy :D 

I hope some people will go on this adventure with you ^^

Ima Zerk

Awesome guide @@kushty panda ! As soon as my tank is ready I want to camp arma as well so, hopefully we'll go together soon!

Ryan^

Nice guide man

RNG

any arma guides for zerks aswell:D?

Roffa

Good guide bro! Really useful for tanks good job